Tpms "service tire pressure system" code (pics included)

alex519

as jkeaton mentioned battery in the sensor is going bad,sense you dont mention air loss in the tires, any good  tire shop should be able to help you, i use discount tire stores for all my work if you have one near you try them out they are great and wil be cheaper than most other places,,, stay away from pep boys

1 minute ago, 2late4u said:

as jkeaton mentioned battery in the sensor is going bad,sense you dont mention air loss in the tires, any good  tire shop should be able to help you, i use discount tire stores for all my work if you have one near you try them out they are great and wil be cheaper than most other places,,, stay away from pep boys

In all 4 it's reading I have pressure on the tires see 

Screenshot_20210702-074408_Messenger.jpg

TPMS Life Expectancy

The estimated life expectancy of an OE TPMS sensor is 5 to 12 years, with the average lifespan being 7 years. TPMS life expectancy is directly related to the number of radio frequency transmissions the sensors make. Driving habits greatly influence the number of RF transmissions a sensor makes in its lifetime. For example: sensors usually transmit when the vehicle is stopped and transmit more often when in motion. Maintaining a constant speed, such as when you're on a highway, reduces the demand on TPMS sensors and allow the sensors to transmit less often. Drivers who often find themselves driving in start-and-stop type traffic will have a greater impact on the vehicles tire pressure monitoring sensors. Weather can also have an impact on tire pressure sensor battery life. Cold conditions allow batteries to last longer. Warmer conditions take more of a toll on TPMS battery life

2 minutes ago, alex519 said:

In all 4 it's reading I have pressure on the tires see 

Screenshot_20210702-074408_Messenger.jpg

since it is all of them, might be the receiver for the signals then, which will be a trip to the dealership or a garage that handles such repairs or a black section of electrical tape to cover up the warning so it doesn't bother you if you decided to go without fixing it,good luck and report back on what you find out is causing your problem

2 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

Actually, warnings can be set if pressure readings (as shown) go too high for TPMS software program. 42 psi seems a bit high, try lowering down some and see what happens.

Sensor battery problems tend to have that wheel position drop out showing press.

Lowered it some what is the ideal wheel psi for the 17in wheels?

20210702_083352.jpg

I set mine at 36 psi (COLD), but there is a sticker on the drivers door (or frame) that has the tire and pressure specs for you.

NOTE when changing pressures, to get accurate sensor readings you need to drive the car some for things to update and with warnings to be able to be self checked and cleared.

Edited by 5rebel9

Further thoughts.....

You say you keep getting this message. Did you just rotate tires or get new ones put on? IF so then you still need to drive the carat least 1/2 mile at 30 mph for sensors/ receivers to learn/self check and CLEAR the warning message. 

Further postings of concerns to a forum needs to have fullest info possible given for good suggestions to be made.

• 2 weeks later...

From further experience( on saturday) I had a tire sensor replaced on our '11 DJ was there for the whole process of activating the sensor(an aftermarket brand) thru installation back on the car. Aftermarket scanner showed all good, but the EVIC message, pressure reading and warning light did NOT go away until I had driven 1.5 miles at speed. During this time, the warning light would give a single flash about every .3 miles. I believe this was from the system checking position and pressure of each tire as I stated earlier. The system of the car itself HAS to relearn by driving, and not just use of a scanner to reset lights or messages.

So on our DJ, we now have 2 new sensors on the front tires and originals on the rears since getting the car.

1 hour ago, Summer Solstice said:

Your reset experience is normal for the Journey. I've had more than 1 flat tire to test that out.

Just putting it in print for the many "guests" that read the forum pages and not ask. OR those that think scanners can do ALL the work, just like it takes driving to reset IM computer monitors when OBDII codes are cleared.  ;)