air bag light

well about 111000 k and nice and warm and this morning the air bag light came on, but no messages, and havent checked for codes yet , but did the start 3 times with the ign button and computer said everything was okay but light still coming,just had my back up camera fixed about a month ago so up to date on recalls and no updates to be done , so going to give it a few days and see if it goes away hoping its just a lazy sensor,dont feel like paying the ded ( $100.)to have it fixed right away but might have to, i started and stopped a few times and shut off the journey and restarted it and still there havent tried to disconnect the positive cable yet , might try that tomorrow

Is horn still working ? Clock spring harness has horn wiring on it. Runs through steering column. Will set a code but you need the right code reader for non obd codes to be read. Not sure if O’Reilly type places will have correct reader. Chrysler use to have issues with that harness on the vans. WAG.

Ironically we had what appears to be the same issue with our Journey this past weekend.  Specifically, the Air Bag light would come on and there would be several dings, the light would go off, and then several minutes later, the process repeated.  The interval between the on/off cycle varied.  This would happen intermittently, maybe 4 or 5 times during our 20 minute car ride.  This was on Sunday, on Monday the light did not come on at all. 

My wife called the dealer Tuesday and spoke with a manager in the Service Department.  He said the light coming on is a warning that the air bag will not deploy in the event of an accident, but does not indicate the specific reason.  It could be as simple as a seat belt not being properly latched, or a loose harness under the seat.  My wife had vacuumed out the car on Saturday, so, as the light has (for now) seemed to have stopped coming on, we are thinking she'd hit the wiring harness and loosened it.  Or maybe it was a seatbelt issue.  I'm checking all the cables and wiring under the seats to make sure it's all snug.  

got my 2nd covid shot (moderna) on Monday so was feeling under the weather Tuesday  sick to my stomach and headache as well, so i slept most of the day and night,and woke up early today feeling great, the shoulder is still a bit sore, the wife didnt have no ill feelings, but I  went to the store today and the airbag light was still on the horn works and cruise control as well so i got to thinking about thejeepdrivers post as well and poked around underneath the passenger side and squeezed the connectors and did the same to the drivers side as well, and then started the journey back up and the light came on then went off so guess that fixed it ill just keep an eye on it, i did have heated seats put in aftermarket so the wires are hanging down a bit, guess i need to tidy up under there so they dont get tugged on again... oh well everything ended well

Edited by 2late4u

• 2 years later...

Despite the age of this post, I remain hopeful that some Dodge owners will come across it and benefit from it. I had been struggling to fix the airbag light issue on my Dodge, but unfortunately, my attempts were unsuccessful. Consequently, I began searching for ways to troubleshoot the airbag light and came across several articles. During my research, I stumbled upon the YOUCANIC website, which provided me with invaluable information on how to troubleshoot the airbag light. This information allowed me to identify and fix the airbag light issue within a few hours. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the information was tremendously helpful, and I was able to determine that the wires on my passenger sensor had become worn.

3 hours ago, Cael Elan said:

Despite the age of this post, I remain hopeful that some Dodge owners will come across it and benefit from it. I had been struggling to fix the airbag light issue on my Dodge, but unfortunately, my attempts were unsuccessful. Consequently, I began searching for ways to troubleshoot the airbag light and came across several articles. During my research, I stumbled upon the YOUCANIC website, which provided me with invaluable information on how to troubleshoot the airbag light. This information allowed me to identify and fix the airbag light issue within a few hours. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the information was tremendously helpful, and I was able to determine that the wires on my passenger sensor had become worn.

Yes, you told us already in your other post in this forum. We thank you for the information. Always good to know resources. 

Edited by jkeaton