Jazz Blue Pearl

johnvosh

18 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

Nice color scheme on a good looking ride. I hope you have a long and happy ownership with it. The deep red of our '11 model is what "sealed the deal" for my son's ride, otherwise the wife and I are more partial to a Blue color like yours.

Ya, I really like this colour scheme, it is unique. And same here, the blue sold me on it when I walked out to the lot to see it. I already have stuff on order  with more stuff in my plans. Going to be changing the spark plugs, transmission filter and fluid (just what is lost from dropping the pan), cabin air filter, and front/rear brake pads in the next couple of weeks

1 minute ago, 2late4u said:

welcome to the group

Thanks!

2 hours ago, johnvosh said:

Ya, I really like this colour scheme, it is unique. And same here, the blue sold me on it when I walked out to the lot to see it. I already have stuff on order  with more stuff in my plans. Going to be changing the spark plugs, transmission filter and fluid (just what is lost from dropping the pan), cabin air filter, and front/rear brake pads in the next couple of weeks

Thanks!

you didnt mention miles but might want to add a coolant flush and new coolant as well, then you will be up to date

4 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

you didnt mention miles but might want to add a coolant flush and new coolant as well, then you will be up to date

It has 117,596 KM's (73,070 miles) and it says 2098 engine hours. So because of the mileage and hours I also have plans to replace the PCV valve and all 4 O2 sensors. I want this vehicle to last me a long time. My dad is a mechanic for Ford so I am able to get him to help me with a bunch of stuff as he has most of the tools and a hoist at his shop. I am also going to change the rear diff fluid and the power transfer unit fluid as well. All of this within the next few months when we have time.

Most of my driving is to work and back which is only about 6KM (3.7 miles) one way. I do park in a heated parkade during the winter months.

Welcome to site, nice color combo. Tranny fluid and diff and ptu fluid changes all good idea. With tranny you could easily siphon out about 4 litres a few days after the first change so you end up with around 70% new fluid approx.

I believe Chrysler uses NTK O2 sensors as OEM  which are one of the best on market so 117k kms a little early IMO.

Rear sensors like your dad will tell you just monitor what’s coming out of cat for emissions so aren’t that critical until you have a code.

Front does fuel control so very important, but I would wait until you either have stuff apart under hood that makes access super easy or your closer to 150k at least. Staying in longer does not affect how they come out, stainless threads don’t rust in usually. The spark  irredium plugs are rated for 160k so I would wait until then.

Edited by John/Horace

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...