Help

Welcome to the forum!!!
Radio would lose stations but it shouldn’t affect anything else.

You didn’t accidently arc out the cables during install,  it is a crappy job changing out battery.

The negative cable has an expensive current sensor built into the battery clamp, that needs to be handled carefully. If it gets damaged that could prevent starting I think. Pricy dealer only item.

If you have a push button start there is a small fuse in the passenger kick panel that if blown will prevent starting.

checked fuse F121 in the passenger kick panel it’s for the push button start, they call it wireless control module in owners manual.

Put meter on continuity, make sure it beeps when probes across terminals.

Edited by John/Horace

10 hours ago, Keith Daniel said:

I just changed my battery in my 2009 dodge journey. Didn't know it would delete the memory. How do I retrieve the memory. Or how to get theJournt running 

Video I watched said that I should have hooked up a memory saver before removing the battery because it would not start again.  Replaced battery and now nothing works.  ( except lighter)

Check your battery cables, make sure they are tight and the cables aren’t corroded inside.  Changing the battery will not cause ANY issue with the car not starting (unless the new battery is dead).  The small 9 volt battery/memory saver is for your radio (not really needed, radio holds a memory for about 30 mins) and thing like your transmission drive patterns.  Worse case scenario is the car needs to re-learn your driving habits.  I never used one on my DJ when I changed the battery and never had any issues....

12 hours ago, Keith Daniel said:

Video I watched said that I should have hooked up a memory saver before removing the battery because it would not start again.  Replaced battery and now nothing works.  ( except lighter)

LOL i seen them videos,,,,,,i have never used one and never had a problem, didnt even lose any presets on the radio, you must have done something wrong if it was working before the battery change, good luck on finding out what happened