new

kiwiinsask

hi , im a kiwi (new zealander) living is saskatoon canada , just bought my first journey .. a 2012 rt .... traded my 07 gmc denali truck with the 6.2 gas motor ... i hope the journey is better on gas . i like to do all my own work , on vehicles , so i hope there is like minded folk on here , im not a fan of the 'take it to the dealer " comments ... cheers 

WELCOME, Eh! 
I'll do my best to translate to canadian:

Dont'cha worry now 'boot ya gas consumption, friend. Sorry it isn't better, but you'll get 10.2 km/litre on the royal highway, and 6.8 km/litre on the roads in tha city. 
Welcome to the fourm, buddy. 

In all seriousness, the journey is a great car in the sense that (in true FCA fashion) it is a modern car, with old style mechanical bits. I've had no issues with basic maintenance, and the bits you cant do won't cost a ton because corner mechanics can easily handle even the most complex mechanical journey problem.

Edited by NavalLacrosse

Navallacrosse needed to include a few mates in the Canuckistan translation; he was originally from New Zealand. But the Royal hiway was a nice touch.

I have family  who live in the prairies close to kiwiinsask’s location.  My favourite Canadian joke is about how flat the prairie landscape is.

You may have heard it.  Only part of Canada you can watch your dog runaway.....for half an hour.

Cheers welcome to the forum. I still have my  gas pig pickup.