2013 No start problem

I purchased a used 2013 Journey about 6 months ago. It seems there is a consistent issue with this vehicle stalling randomly. I am finding most people on here seem to have no issues other than a few but go on sites like car gurus and you’ll see hundreds of the same issue ranging from all years. The battery has already been replaced brand new. Dealership couldn't find anything but the battery. This car has been towed and boosted probably 50 times combined already.  There is power but will not start. You can hear clicking coming from the dash maybe near glove box area. The temp reads -40 and all lights illuminate. We have been able to sometimes start in neutral but not always successful. I’m reading it might have something to do with the security system but I’m lost. My teenage son drives this car and this is ridiculous. Help

Welcome to the forum, sounds like a frustrating problem.

What codes are showing up with a scan? Which engine and how many miles?

If no codes stored; then my WAG would be cps, crank position sensor. It can shut off car fast enough that code not always stored.

Fairly cheap part, around $40 approx. 

Thank you for the suggestion. It was just dropped off this evening for a mechanic to look at tomorrow. I will see if there are any new findings. I’ve just been hopeful someone out there has answers or a solution. The dealership seemed clueless but the place it’s at now is a local shop. We will see but I’ll question the sensor being a factor. 

• Official Dodge Support
19 hours ago, Nothappy said:

Thank you for the suggestion. It was just dropped off this evening for a mechanic to look at tomorrow. I will see if there are any new findings. I’ve just been hopeful someone out there has answers or a solution. The dealership seemed clueless but the place it’s at now is a local shop. We will see but I’ll question the sensor being a factor. 

We sincerely regret to hear of all the trouble that has been associated with your ownership experience.  Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide an additional layer of assistance if you do end up connecting with your dealer again.  Feel free to follow up with us via private message if this would be of interest.
Rob
DodgeCares

So the starter had to be replaced. The wires were corroded and described as burnt up. Also another new battery and it ran for a moment and started stalling again. So he had to add a ground as I had advised has been a solution that many others have had to do experiencing the same issue. $560 into this car and hopefully the last repair to this darn vehicle. 

I’m well aware of the used car process. I’ve owned several. This particular issue in case you missed it has to do with a repeat issue. Also the fact that since I’ve posted Just a couple of hours ago now it says battery save mode. So there’s definitely a bigger issue here with this particular vehicle. Also headlights lights are dimming and there’s a faint humming sound. 

13 hours ago, Nothappy said:

I’m well aware of the used car process. I’ve owned several. This particular issue in case you missed it has to do with a repeat issue. Also the fact that since I’ve posted Just a couple of hours ago now it says battery save mode. So there’s definitely a bigger issue here with this particular vehicle. Also headlights lights are dimming and there’s a faint humming sound. 

so you have a new battery and ground strap and the lights are starting to dim and you got a battery saver mode , so did he check the alt to see if it is putting out enough juice? a humming sound might indicate a pulley or bearing going bad by dragging, should be easy to run down...good luck

Edited by 2late4u
spelling