LJ_canada

Hey guys 

need some help

2015 DJ

front blows heat great both sides no issues 

the rear (2nd and 3rd rows) have no heat.

can turn on the controls and do it from the front or choose to turn it on from the back and turn the heat to high and it’s freezing.

not even warm.... it’s cold

so unless the front is on highest fan option with heat set to highest all the windows in the vehicle will fog up except the front.

if you try to put it on front and floor then even the front can’t keep up because the rear is just pumping out freezing cold air.

no leaks in the door seals

When driving it the other day the back of my arms and head was freezing and my front was sweating.

really odd to me

looking for some help before I have to go to the dealer and pay a fortune.

thanks in advance 

Did you check your coolant level?  If you have 3 zone heating there is a separate heater core in the back.  Do you have anything leaking from under the car? The hoses for the rear heat are low.  Any wet carpet anywhere?  Not sure if there is a separate blend door control for the rear. Could be any of these or a combination of all......dealer may be your best bet before you start guessing and replacing parts.  The rear heater hose assembly is about $500....

Good suggestions above.

As stated, it may be worth paying for a firm diagnosis before just throwing parts at it yourself. Even if you do a self-repair, hopefully you can find out exactly where the problem is first.

The coolant level is the place to start.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, LJ_canada said:

I took the whole side panel off and still couldn’t find the issue..... the front of the vehicle under the hood has the proper amount of coolant. 

Well, if your not losing fluid under the car, near the firewall, I would venture to guess maybe the rear heater core is plugged or air locked.  Might want to try a radiator shop or the dealer.

1 hour ago, OhareFred said:

Only 1 place for coolant level- well two actually- the radiator and the plastic reservoir. Make sure both are at the full levels.

But if the level are lower, the engine doesn't should be heating up? My temperature levels are ok, and I have heat only in my side. The passenger side and rear climate doesn't have heat, only blow up the fan.