Battery Dies /car start button issue

Almost year after new battery car dies all the time even after charging the battery. Some times I get 2 or 3 days no issue than starts again I will need to recharge.

so 1 issue i turn the car off and everything seems to be off but the top window where you would see car pointing east or west is still on. I start again to turn off somtimes it will go away sometimes i have to repeat. Sometimes i loose patience and know when i come back it will be completly dead never fails.

#2 im driving could be as long as 30-45 min and stop park go in store 2-10 min come out after Battery already dead.

one time driving on hwy 45 min into trip and heat is going in n out lights getting dim in and out.

takes a boost but sometimes will stay in battery save mode and cant go more than 15 km car shaking.

sometimes after boost is fine.

someone please share some advice im lost.

thanks

First instinct points to the alternator, I would get that checked. If not, something is draining your battery and you would need to do a draw test (there is a post on this subject in here somewhere). Keep in mind that even though the battery is newer, it still might be bad... get it tested. Where did you get the battery? And what kind of warranty does it have? Batteries do cause a lot of issues in these cars. 

do as previously,, mentioned have a LOAD test done on the battery to make sure you dont have a bad cell i it, also at the same time have them check your alternator. most part stores will do of these for free. then from there it is hunt and peck but some where you have a small electrical draw on the battery or maybe something in the cars computer module what yr is the journey as well?as well check and make sure you dont have anything plugged into one of the power outlets draining the battery such as power cords for the kids games ,dash cam.also make sure all the lights in rear hatch are turning off.your mention of the direction visual display is not shutting off is a BIG possibility of where the problem, next time you notice it doing that you have to time it with your watch to see if it ever goes off if not then that is your problem ...good luck

Edited by 2late4u

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had a similar issue on my ‘09 Journey since it was one year old.  At first I thought it was the battery, it’s been replaced 10 times in the past 11 years.  Also the starter three times, Win Module and even a new ground from the block to the body.  Each time it would be fine for months and so you thought you’d finally found a solution.  Many times I could jump it and it started immediately.  Lately, I’ve  discovered that if you wait or try to restart enough times, it’ll eventually start, sometimes my remote start works and it’ll start.  I have no idea what the cause could be, but I’m convinced it’s not a dead or bad battery.  The last few times it’s occurred the starter seemed delayed by about 10 seconds. Almost like the computer was taking it’s good ole time in sending the command to start.......

Sorry I don’t have any answers for you, but keep us posted if you discover something.  Happy Motoring.

Thank you for all your ideas.the car is 2014. One thing to add is the radio works as well when it wants to cd always aux always just radio function is on its own.

I have not updated because im not having it looked at till feb 01.

Once I take it in I will run all your ideas by doge.

Thank you

No need to go to Dodge to test most of the stuff suggested. You can get most tests done at a parts store - Autozone, Pep Boys, etc - most of them don't charge you to test like Dodge will and it will at least eliminate some things. You might even get an answer to gio to Dodge with. 

Unless you have an extended warranty... then by all means.