Thank God I found you! Yes, I'm new!

Chopper

Well, I'm Chopper, little bit desperate for knowledge about how to properly take care of my 2015 SXT Journey, around 80k and now I'm located in the Portland/Vancouver area. I know nothing but the very basic about cars and I mean basic stuff like how they move. Not familiar with the care or maintenance schedule, what is true and what's a lie. As in every business there're people with good ethics and some that are only looking to make money. I like honesty even if the price is not cheap, I think that's what everybody likes, right?

Well I'm downloading the manual, and hoping to find help in this threads to give my car some love!

Cheers!

Chopper

Welcome to the forum. You can never go wrong by following the recommended maintenance stated in the manual provided by the manufacturer of the vehicle. Yes, dealers and shops will always try to up sell unneeded/unnecessary maintenance items, so be an informed consumer and educate yourself. If you just purchased the vehicle, it would be a good idea to go back through the mileage intervals and catch up on maintenance items unless you know for a fact (documentation) that a particular maintenance activity was performed. 

as stated above make sure your maintenance has been done, that said dodge recommends the trans service be done at around 100 k but i had mine done at around 70 k if i remember right( only makes since the trans is a hot demanding job to go that long) and just had my plugs and coolant changed at 94 k. you might want to have the trans service done real soon since you are getting to the end of you power train service warranty just in case something goes wrong after the service or they find something,good luck and enjoy your journey...ps what size eng did you get?

On 11/19/2019 at 7:34 AM, 2late4u said:

as stated above make sure your maintenance has been done, that said dodge recommends the trans service be done at around 100 k but i had mine done at around 70 k if i remember right( only makes since the trans is a hot demanding job to go that long) and just had my plugs and coolant changed at 94 k. you might want to have the trans service done real soon since you are getting to the end of you power train service warranty just in case something goes wrong after the service or they find something,good luck and enjoy your journey...ps what size eng did you get?

Thank you for the recommendations! I did a list of to-do things based on the miles and this is what I'm planning to do:

Inspect the CV joints.                  
Check the tie rod ends, front suspension, and replace if needed.                     
Inspect the parking brake and brake linings function.                    
Replace the air conditioning filter.                      
Replace the spark plugs.
Replace the engine air filter.
Replace the rear drive assembly fluid.
Replace Power transfer unit fluid.

What is to service the trans? I mean, what they do? Just flush the trans fluid or they actually disassemble and visually check for faults? It is a 3.6 by the way.

Thank you very very much for your kind comments!

Regards,

Chopper

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

Thank you for the recommendations! I did a list of to-do things based on the miles and this is what I'm planning to do:

Inspect the CV joints.                  
Check the tie rod ends, front suspension, and replace if needed.                     
Inspect the parking brake and brake linings function.                    
Replace the air conditioning filter.                      
Replace the spark plugs.
Replace the engine air filter.
Replace the rear drive assembly fluid.
Replace Power transfer unit fluid.

What is to service the trans? I mean, what they do? Just flush the trans fluid or they actually disassemble and visually check for faults? It is a 3.6 by the way.

Thank you very very much for your kind comments!

Regards,

Chopper

first off do you have AWD if not then you skip the last two items as they cant be checked.spark plugs 100k if you have the 3.6 eng and have them do the trans service which is replacing the transmission filter and replace the transmission oil would recommend the dealership for both the plugs and trans service and and well replace the coolant fluid in your cooling system , Brakes on your journey are probally good to at least 100k i changed mine out at around 70 k and they were still half way good , but wouldn't hurt someone to check them out that you trust,change your engine air filter once a yr and as well the cabin air filter which you called the air condition filter i believe