17 Journey crossroad will not cycle from the "off" position on push button

I just bought a 17 Journey crossroad edition at auction, the problem I am having is the push button will not cycle off of the "off" position.  Things I have tried/performed are charging the battery (new battery as of 3/2019, was dead when I bought car), cleaned battery terminals and connections, checked fuses, tried swapping the tipm with one that was extra in vehicle, checked best I could for any loose connections.  It seems that it had previously had a few components changed out inlcuding the tipm, module @ passenger side under dash (bcm i think), the push to start button, and rear module @ center rear roof (keyless receiver i think).  Nothing on the car works except for the headlights, hazards, foglights, and hvac panel lights and door locks (when pressed from switch panel only), and the off light on push button for starting will illuminate.  I can hear the hvac blend doors moving if I get in car with key fob on me also.  I noticed that if you press any button on the remote the off button will come on like its getting signal, as well as buttons on two front exterior doors.  It seemed that it might have been at a dealership previously due to new part boxes in back and numbered service tag on dash and keys, so I am not sure where/what to check next.  Thank you ahead of time for any help!!

Go to the official Mopar website and create a free account.

https://www.mopar.com/dodge/en-us.html

Enter your VIN #. This will allow you to see any recalls on your vehicle as well as view service records. If any work has been performed at a proper dealership, under warranty or without, it will be reflected here. It allows you also to add service records done outside the dealer by yourself or a third party. You can also download the owner's manual if you don't have one.

If your current issue has been previously serviced at a dealership it should show here. If the vehicle has any warranty coverage it will also show here.

If anyone else, non-authorized, has worked on it, you have a problem. Start here and then talk to your local dealership to get a baseline history and diagnosis.

It is a hard lesion learned but now you just need to make the right choice going forward.

Good luck.

It's not hard to where I can't press it to get the brakes to engage, just normal pressure since cars not running. I went ahead and broght it into the stealership and so far they have got push button to work along with gauges, accessories, etc. Problem with that was the tipm. Now they can't get it to start bc when they apply brakes and try push button it kills electronics so they believe it's a bad abs module as well.

3 hours ago, volfanatik85 said:

It's not hard to where I can't press it to get the brakes to engage, just normal pressure since cars not running. I went ahead and broght it into the stealership and so far they have got push button to work along with gauges, accessories, etc. Problem with that was the tipm. Now they can't get it to start bc when they apply brakes and try push button it kills electronics so they believe it's a bad abs module as well.

keep us informed on what happens next.

Got it back today from the dealership.  They got it running and driving.  They had to reflash pcm, messed with can bus terminals, and had to install a new abs module..  They called and let me know it needed further diagnosis, etc and basically said it wasn't going to be cheap, so I picked it up today.  It seems to run fine, but once you try to drive it over 5mph it starts shifting REAL hard.  The abs light, check engine light, lightning bolt light (flashing?), and traction control light are all on.  I had a hypothesis about the car once I got it home from auction that it had been hit by lightning or had a indirect power surge causing all these issues.  The auction company/insurance had it listed as a theft recovered  and didn't mention anything else.  I have access to a good scan tool/diagnosis machine so I guess I'll start replacing sensors, etc as I trace each one down since there may have been many damaged by power surge.  Oh yeah, all of the gauges work, radio, keyless entry, push button start, heat/air work, rear air/heat works, windows, door locks, and all interior/exterior lights/signals work as well.

sounds like the dealership was on the right track,sure it wasn't cheap but they got it going might want to let them finish it,other wise sounds like you might just be throwing parts at it,have to say think you got in over your head or wallet for a cheap price on a vehicle,have no idea how much you paid for it at the auction,maybe a couple $$$ might get you even since it is a 2017

Got it for $2800 at auction.  I have been all through it and has no signs of  water intrusion/damage.  I have bought a 15 durango r/t and 16 ram 1500 at auction that were flood and Im pretty sure this one hasn't been in one.  I believe it took an indirect hit from lightening.  I am a service hvac technician and have seen similar scenarios like this with equipment before.  I got it hooked up today to a good scan tool and got the abs/ traction control light off (was bad left rear abs sensor), and narrowed down the check engine light to a bad map sensor.   I also believe the throttle body is defective as well from what I found.  Got the rest of the parts ordered today and will update once I get them installed and fault codes erased.