Dodge Journey AbsFailure

Dodge Journey 2012 rt3.6

abs traction and stability dash lights on

codes shows left front speed sensor but we replaced it with a new Oem and cleared the code

No fix 

Does the speed sensor pick up from the bearing or cv as I can’t see any tone ring.

should I replace the bearing and hub to see if the sensor will work again but the bearing is fine.

Ive talked with 3 dealers and not on can tell how the sensor picks up on the wheel speed

Wiring to the abs module look go and tests

please offer any help

how did you determine which wheel it was, mine went bad no codes from it and i dint have a code reader that would read it cost me $58. at the dealership for the part and their labor. guess you replaced the wrong one i would say

Edited by 2late4u

• 8 months later...

ABS light and traction light on is usual a bad abs sensor!  mine said one on the rear was bad!  I jacked the car up took each one out (did all 4).. cleaned each sensor with glass cleaner and reinserted each one back into position... dropped back on whee;s.. and light went off before I even got all the way down the driveway! happened 2 years ago been off ever since!!!

Edited by wpginterceptor

actually no I didn't watach it on youtube.. I just decided I would try cleaning em first before spending the $$ on new ones! I used glass cleaner and then wiped em off.. what did the video use to clean em?

again I did this like 3 years ago now and still no issues with ABS or Traction lights..   Today my power steering pump is noisey and ill replace it tomorrow :(

Edited by wpginterceptor

Level of fluid matters, I fill to the second fill line. Try cleaning/inspecting reservoir like hankster suggested.

If it’s a 3.6 engine the pump change will be a challenge, looks like part of exhaust needs removing.

I have used suction pump and replaced all the  fluid on mine more than once. The additives wear out and there is no filter in system, just a screen usually at bottom of reservoir on most cars left with hydraulics system.