2010 Dodge Journey R/T electrical issues

We recently bought a 2010 Dodge Journey R/T. Very nice car, but when we bought it the horn didn't work. After taking back to the dealer who worked in tandem with the Dodge dealer they fixed the horn. It took 6 weeks for them to try everything under the sun. According to the dealer there were 2 wires missing from the wiring harness that made the horn work. The reason unknown. The car came from Canada. Now we have new issues: after turning the car off, 3 instrument panel lights stay on for 15 minutes. Odometer, clock and exterior thermometer. Then they shut off. As for the dome lights, when opening the door the dome lights should go on, but only the front passenger side door and drivers side rear door work. Other 2 doors no go! Anyone know what is going on here?? We are very frustrated!! Any ideas welcome!

7-25-19-2.jpg

There are so many possibilities here. The doors could be individual switches or you may have a bad ground. The horn story is suspect and makes one wonder if someone has down some alterations. If that is true, who knows what else has been done. Either a trusted garage or a wiring diagram to troubleshoot your self.

agree with the above post,if wires are missing its because of someone removing them ,as from the factory they would have been there and the horn would have worked, did you get a car fax or anything on this journey? the rear door lights would be a switch not being activated or possible wiring messed up .sounds like your car has been involved in an accident or something for wires being missing and being repaired maybe by a fly by night repair shop so it might not show up in paperwork somewhere....good luck  P.S. nice looking car for its age....

Edited by 2late4u

Yea please let us know. I'm starting to just wonder if this year is just prone to electrical issues. Ive been having electrical issues in my 2010 forever. Horn going off randomly and sometimes car just wont start. Hear one click and never tried to turn over. I've been through 3 starters thinking they kept going bad. New alternator and battery. Starting to think this connection to the fuse box may be the problem...

Screenshot_20190729-162506_Gallery.jpg

The starting thing happened to me once too. I tried with both key fobs, no go. Came back a couple hours later and double clicked the unlock button and it started right up! I don't get it! The electric guy got the instrument panel lights solved, but still working on the door issues.

Edited by William Burke

Warranty company declined to pay for the TiPM again. Good thing I spent $3k on the warranty! Ya right! They are blaming the dealer for these "new" problems. Dealer said no more from them. They said they already put over a grand in time and trying different parts. At least this electric guy fixed everything except the drivers side door doesn't turn the dome lights on or off. I guess we can live with that. If we click the unlock button all the dome lights go on anyway. All other doors work correctly and the instrument panel lights work properly now. He re-programmed the body module.

18 hours ago, OhareFred said:

I’d dump it now while everything’s working.  Get something else with a factory extended warranty.  Once you have electrical issues, you’ll always have electrical issues..., but that’s just my opinion.

You're probably right, but we really like the car!