My 2112 Dodge Journey would need to be jump started every two days, the Dodge dealer deep charged the battery, two days later I had the same problem. Now the dealer has said the problem is the RF Module and my car has been at the dealer over 5 weeks waiting for this "back ordered" part. Does anyone have any information as to why it is so difficult to get this part?

They told me the RF Module is an electronic gizmo that connects the key, to the push button starter on the dash, why this module has drained the battery is confusing to me. The part has been on back order for a month. I am really upset with Fiat Chrysler, not the dealership, and no they have not offered me a loan car. I hope you never run into this problem as the quote is rather expensive.

In your original post, you state that the model year is 2112. As that model won't be built for another 93 years, maybe that is the reason for the back order? :idea:

Okay, that wasn't helpful and I won't quit my day job. :stop:

I would have no fear of a compatible parts from a salvage yard. Make sure that it comes with a 30 day warranty if you can. The price would likely be significantly cheaper and, if it works on day 1, it has a good chance to continue to work.

I don't understand the long wait time for what should be an easy part. Call a dealer some distance away and see if you get the same answer. As for the battery draining, many of  the electronics on these modern vehicles can do that if a circuit goes bad and the unit fails to shut down when required to do so. There are numerous threads just on this forum for battery drain problems. Usually removing a fuse to disable a circuit will narrow it down to a point of making a diagnosis much easier.

55 minutes ago, Eileen Kirschenbaum said:

I appreciate your advice, but I am skeptical of a junk yard part for a seven year old car.

sorry that is the way you respond to someone trying to help you... from 2011 till now not much has been changed on the journeys so different model yrs parts are interchangeable,good luck on your problem

is this the part you need it is on ebay of course dealerships wont buy from ebay ask them for the part# they say is on back order then google it......

NEW OEM MOPAR RECEIVER HUB RF DODGE JOURNEY CHARGER CHRYSLER 300 2011-2012 MY

Be the first to write a review.

Condition:
New other (see details)

A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may is not in the original packaging 

... Read more

Compatibility:
See compatible vehicles

Price:
US $104.95

not sure if that is the R F module they are looking for, but with google most anything can be found and of course the dealership wont use aftermarket parts or search places like ebay without arguing with them. i once had seat cover for a caravan on order and after 2 years on back order it never did come in before i sold the van...LOL