16” Rims?

leafsby1

I have a 2012 Journey SXT built in 2011 so it still has the smaller brake system than mid 2012 and up. I am almost 100% sure 16” from earlier journeys 2009 should but wanted to post here to clear my mind. 

I have 19” on it now just looking for a smaller cheaper set of tires for this coming winter.

I did the same thing, but I went with a 17 inch rim and a higher walled tire.  Don't forget to check the equivalent tire size to match the rim size (should match the original 19" rim and tire height) or otherwise, your odometer and speedometer will be off.  If you check the online tire stores, they will show equivalent tire sizes to the original.

I hope I am making sense.

mechanical-idiot

If they came off a post-middle 2012 Journey, they could not be 16", since the larger calipers make it impossible to fit that size wheel on the vehicle.  17" tires aren't outrageously expensive.  And yes. if you decide to do the 'big brake upgrade' (or you get a newer Journey) at some point these wheels will still work for you.

Edited by bramfrank