Lift door tail light - see photo

mechanical-idiot

Take a gander at the photo.  Inside part fell off.  I assume this comes apart and can be glued?  I don't want to break it even more!

See how the round piece inside has fallen backwards.

Anyone here have this problem?  Fix with Silicone?  Epoxy?  Crazy Glue?  Bubble Gum?

mecanical-idiot5cb3575f7723e_photos-phone006.thumb.JPG.2940b0a5f0dfacb6685658546aa5e28c.JPG

How the heck do you get at that, I almost think you need to replace the whole lens itself ?  If that is the case, guess it would not hurt to experiment on taking it apart and try to do as you suggest and glue it back in place. Are not most all those outer body plastic parts friction welded into one solid piece, hope I am wrong and someone else can help you.

Edited by probak118
spelling

I am going to pull it off the car and see if I can get into it.  There are a couple of screws on the inside of the lights, so hopefully it comes apart.  I looked at some photos on ebay.

I will let you know if I am lucky.  Rain here for next 4 days.  Might wait for a dry day.  No garage.

mechanical-idiot

1 hour ago, mechanical-idiot said:

Break in rain tonight.  Took it off the vehicle.  Could not get it apart.  It appears to be a sealed unit.  Off to the junkyard.

mechanical-idiot

well since you have it off i assume the light is still working just that part came loose, before spending or looking for a light  take a small drill and from the side drill a small hole that you could insert  a long needle thur with some gorrille glue in it and do what you can and then after thats done just use a little silicone to fill the hole should work...

• 3 weeks later...