ABS, TRACTION CONTROL AND BRAKE KEEP GOING OFF WHILE DRIVING

Hi all, anyone having any issues with the abs , traction control and brake light going off and chiming whole driving? If so is this covered under the powertrain ?  Is this a sensor that needs updating? Thanks 

If you have a part number you can call maxcare and they will tell you.  I had a heater hose replaced by the dealer who said it wasn’t covered. Called maxcare with the part number, it was covered and they sent me a check for over $400.....

Maximum care covers the following:

Engine & Emissions

Transmission

Driveline

Steering

Air Conditioning Engine Cooling And Fuel System

Electrical/Expanded Electrical

Front/Rear Suspension

Brakes/Anti-lock Brakes

Instrumentation

Power Group

Luxury Group

Body Mechanisms

Manual Interior Mechanisms

Safety And Security

COMPONENT COVERAGE OVERVIEW COVERED COMPONENTS INCLUDING

• Heated Seats and Steering Wheels

• Power Liftgate Motors

• Power Sliding Door Motors

• Navigation Systems

• Factory-installed Remote Start Systems

• In-Vehicle Wireless Charging Stations

• Backup Assist Cameras 

WHAT’S NOT COVERED UNDER OUR MAXIMUM CARESM PLANS

The only parts and labor not covered:

• Maintenance Services and items used in such services

• Catalytic Converter and Particulate Filter

• Glass, Plastic Lenses and Light Bulbs

• Body and Paint items (including Soft Trim)

• Snowplows, Winches and Trailer Hitches

• Wear items (such as Tires, Manual Clutch Assembly, Brake Pads, Shoe

The phone number is 1-800-521-9922. Call them and ask.

Edited by jkeaton

• 3 weeks later...

I bought maxcare at a dodge dealership for my dodge it’s not through car max. Problem is my abs, brake, and engine lights are on still after a new battery . The diagnostic said it was a brake switch so the service advisor said a new battery should resolve it and my old battery was supposedly registering under the minimum so he changes it out. After several hours, the abs and brake lights are going off and the engine light is now on constantly. 

Your original reply said “Carmax “ which I do not have .  It’s maxcare through dodge .   You sound irritated with my questions, if they bother you please don’t bother with them. I’m aware of taking it back but I’m leary of takkng it back to the same place and was hoping for an unobvious answer 

I did not mention Carmax in my original reply, I thought maybe you purchased it there and were confusing the two.

I am not irritated.  You tell us you engine light is on along with ABS and Brake lights go on and off.  You offer no codes or other information. How is anyone supposed to guess at your problem over the internet?  I gave you the only answer you could expect with such little information.

since you apparently not aware you can do this, take it to AutoZone or some other parts store in your area, have them read, but not delete, the code. If they delete the code it will not help whomever you decide to let work on your car.  Let’s us know what it is and perhaps you can be given more help.  

Since we have no idea where you are, it’s a bit difficult to suggest places to go for repairs.  I myself use Fields CJRD in Glenview,IL.

3 hours ago, SoCal said:

Your original reply said “Carmax “ which I do not have .  It’s maxcare through dodge .   You sound irritated with my questions, if they bother you please don’t bother with them. I’m aware of taking it back but I’m leary of takkng it back to the same place and was hoping for an unobvious answer 

since you say you have the max care policy as jeakon nicely printed out for you your journey, should be covered as it is almost bumper to bumper. you are asking for answers most of us can only guess on,and you need to take it to the dealership to be fixed under your warranty and as far as oharefred i dont see where he was being irritated with your question but was trying to give you some help and wasn't sure what you were talking about with so little info supplied. you may want to take it to a different dealership in a different town or city if you dont feel comfortable with the one you have dealt with so far. good luck and keep us informed so the next person who might have the  same problem might find it helpful