Hello, I purchased my 2015 Dodge Journey 3 years ago hadnt didnt anything major except changing the oil, getting new tires and i had to replace a wheel barring.. A few weeks ago my car woudlnt start the lights and horn were working but wouldnt start.. i took it the mechanic and it was the battery so it was replaced.. worked well up until a few days ago it did it again once the jumping cables were put on it started right up... took it back to the shop didnt see nothing wrong... had anyone else had any issues or any ideas what maybe going on???

check the forums all kinds of problems with non-starting issues,start with the basics battery,alternator problems, ground connections, and shorts,or electrical parasitic voltage draws...good luck

Edited by 2late4u
spelling

My first guess would be a bad ground or a loose connection. The battery was just replaced but maybe the cable has come loose. There is also a known issue with a sensor that is part of the negative cable right at the battery. I am not familiar with that one but there is plenty of discussion on this forum about it. Alternately, I just had a issue with my key fobs not working and it was just the 2 year old batteries in them. Does not sound like the same problem you have.

Check your battery cables and make sure all of your connections are clean and tight.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

I recently had a similar issue of non start but full Battery.  All it would do is just give one click on the solenoid.  Wouldn’t even start boosting it.  Read and read and went to YouTube.  Some people have been adding an extra ground to the engine block.  So tonight I used 

12 hours ago, blissman20 said:

I recently had a similar issue of non start but full Battery.  All it would do is just give one click on the solenoid.  Wouldn’t even start boosting it.  Read and read and went to YouTube.  Some people have been adding an extra ground to the engine block.  So tonight I used 

Weird cut off my post.  I used a set of booster cables to ground negative post to the block near the starter and it fired right up with no issues.  I believe these journeys cables are too small and need to be upgraded