Multiple electric issues

I have a 2010 dodge journey 2.0 crd rt, 89000 miles,

Recently started getting electrical issues, interior lights turn on when side lights and main beam turned on, interior lights flicker when rer wiper  used, reverse lights faintly on when lights on, reverse camera no signal but flickers when using rear wiper, driver seat switch stopped working, windows occasionally open on there own, alarm occasionally goes off..

Had it diagnosed, error code 54 returned regarding reverse camera, and been told it needs the BCM repairing, however having searched online i cant even find a bcm for sale, nor find where it is supposed to be in car.

2 problems here..

1) isthe auto electrician having me over, he wants to charge me 450 to repair it, however found some where that can for 150 if i post it them, hence me trying to find were it is on vehicle, but als everyone wants the part no, which again means me knowing where it is.

2) why cant i find anythingonline for it, theonly thing that comes up isthe relay box tipm...

Please help, love my car just cant afford to get ripped off

www.fs1inc.com/dodge-pcm-ecm-ecu-engine-computer.htm is a web site that sells bcm now where it is located not for sure but they pictures of what it looks like and all the different units they carry and their ph# just see what they look like then start hunting and find yours and get the part #. also we dont use crd engines here in the U.S. so not much help your mechanic should be able to point out the unit for you i am certain it should just be in the engine compartment or under the dash.... good luck

Wiring harness that goes between the body and the rear hatch is a known failure point. Wires get worn from constant bending when opening the hatch.  Might check that. What does he mean by "error code 54"? Was it preceded by a "P"? "U"? etc.....that would give us a clue.  

Edited by jkeaton

Here is a decent write up that explains what the Body Control Module (BCM) does and the symptoms a bad one may show.

http://knowhow.napaonline.com/bad-body-control-module-heres-tell/

Along with the link provided by 2late4u above, putting "Dodge Journey BCM" into Google will give a number of vendor sources. Be sure to check if the module is preprogrammed to your specific vehicle as it will need to be.

• 2 months later...