Front side windows still fogging with fan on high

probak118

Replaced a leaking heater core about 3 weeks ago and cleaned all inside windows 2-twice. I know it is very cold now but still noticing some fogging. The A posts on the DJ are pretty big, does that affect the small defrost vents from working as you would hope ? I used invisible glass cleaner then some very hot water to remove possible coolant residuals, having window tint all around I do not want to damage it. Has anyone used vinegar / water mixture with success ? I just never recall an issue this bad having bought the DJ new in April 2012. With the fan setting on panel / floor mix all the windows start fogging up. Defrost  or defrost floor is the only option that helps.

Agree with 2late4u. Most of my vehicles have had this problem in very cold weather. The Journey is actually not too bad but I always use the defrost vent / floor setting for just this reason. Anything else and the side windows will begin to fog around the edges. The problem is worse if your door and window seals have any air leaks. Clean and treat the seals as part of your normal vehicle maintenance.

i use the upper vents and the floor vent position but then i turn the upper vents all the way up and towards the window, the air blows hits the windows and then bounces and hits the side of my ears seems to keep the side windows real clear and sends the air or heat to the rear the best...

• 1 month later...

Have this same problem and it appears the recirculate actuator is not working. If I crank down the window a bit the problem seems to go away so I am thinking it is stuck in the recirculate mode.

The recirculate actuator is behind the glovebox on the right side of the cabin filter location.I took it out and when I plugged it back into the wiring harness it seemed to work.But I ordered a new one from the US  for about $15 canadian since my wife will be there next week.You can order from Amazon  https://www.amazon.ca/Dorman-604-029-Air-Door-Actuator/dp/B00HRSP2A6/ref=sr_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1552110225&s=automotive&sr=1-1&vehicle=2013-40-6800-2962--9-6--13827-14-1-1--246-2&vehicleName=2013+Dodge+Journey

I also recommend this

https://www.amazon.ca/Neiko-03044A-Mini-Size-Ratcheting-Screwdriver/dp/B000XYOUS6/ref=pd_sim_263_1/144-9645152-3666607?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000XYOUS6&pd_rd_r=389e18b6-43b4-11e9-9df9-ff03b64505a6&pd_rd_w=AbwE1&pd_rd_wg=GyEEx&pf_rd_p=29a85b27-a36a-4f8d-94ca-61aa962c5f39&pf_rd_r=41N6N4X6RKSPHYK8HVNQ&psc=1&refRID=41N6N4X6RKSPHYK8HVNQ

There are 2 philips screws holding it in but they are a pain to get at unless you unplug a couple of the wiring harnesses underneath.

If you simply remove the actuator you can manually put the door into  fresh air until you get a new actuator,that's what I have done for now.

Check out this on youtube.The recirculate actuator is shown around 1:05 in to the video he's not sure what it is but that's the one that chooses fresh air or recirculate.

Edited by yyz