IBS on negative battery terminal

I dog gone done and broke the IBS on the negative battery terminal while changing the battery.  I can't even change a frigin' battery without screwing something up!  I am a total mechanical idiot, or perhaps just a total idiot.

So, I glued it back together with some crazy glue.  It stuck together quite well.  Vehicle starts and runs.  No lights showing up on the dash as warnings.

My question is, will this work (the glue trick), or should I replace it, or do I even need this damn part?  It is over 100 bucks to replace.

What will happen if it doesn't work any more?  A neighbour of mine told me that you could disconnect it and it won't hurt anything.  He seems to know what he is talking about most of the time, but then again, I wouldn't know if he does or not.  Remember, I am a mechanical-idiot.

Here is what led me tor replace the battery in the first place:

- car would not start with the fobs

- car started running the wipers, four way flashers and the rad fan when it was just sitting in the driveway (not started, but I was trying to start it)

- car had not been run in 3 days and would not start, but would unlock and lock

- the lights were not doing a "normal" flashing when vehicle was unlocked

- I disconnected the negative battery terminal, left it for a while then hooked it back up and the car was completely electrically dead

- I then boosted the vehicle and left it charging for 20 minutes and it started no problem with no weird electrical things happening

- Then I got real smart and decided to replace the battery because I figured that the original 7 year old battery was probably on its way to battery heaven

- Then I got real stupid and broke the IBS off the terminal

- Then I got the crazy glue out and stuck it back together (just on the outer plastic part, not on the inner green part or the silver looking thing a ma jigs)

I searched for some info online and found these pictures (which is basically the same way mine broke on me)

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-journey/415747-negative-battery-terminal-temperature-sensor.html

So, I guess I am not the first idiot to break one of these things.

mechanical-idiot

If all that broke was the plastic part I think you’d be ok.  From the picture it looks like it’s there to protect the guts.  Keep watch and see if you get any weird issues or any warning lights and go from there.  

Totally my 2 cents with no actual experience with this.

Runs like a top thus far, but who knows.  Nothing showing up on the dash etc.

Weird how the low battery made it act up electrically, but as my neighbor explained, it needs 9.6 volts before it will start the vehicle, so I guess it makes sense.

Anywho......... I will let you know how I get along with it.

mechanical-idiot

Everything is still running perfectly.

I got a brain serge and called a scrap yard.  The guy had a 2012 and sold the IBS to me for 25 bucks.  A deal I could not refuse.  

I have not replaced it yet.  Since the circuit board was not damaged, it will likely keep working.

Will replace it someday when I have some time.

mechanical-idiot