Cargo box

vozaday

Been a while since I’ve been on here. We found out we are having our 4th kid here in October so decided to see if we could still make things work with the Journey. It’s treated us well so far. So I went and bought the cross bars and a Thule carrier in order to fit a stroller in and other odds and ends since the back row will need to be used. Went with gloss black to match the headlights I had painted gloss black when I did the retrofit. 

70D3DF76-D9A2-4F9F-8A1F-7D45C5EA0E6C.jpeg

I know I loved moving from a Caravan to a Journey was great in 2012 and like you our Journey has served us well. We only have 2 boys and after adding goalie equipment and baseball stuff to many games all over, sometimes I really missed the Caravan. Now with a 4th on the way...using a roof mounted Yule might be a pain getting stroller etc in and out again and again ? Just my thoughts and yes your Journey does look nice and congrats on the family addition.

consider using  a rack on the back of your journey. i use one to carry my wife's medical scooter of course you will need to add a trailer hitch (class 3) i bought mine off discount ramp web site, and when not in use it folds up behind the rear hatch or lets down to carry what ever you need.

Congrats and as a fellow 4 kid parent, it is truly going to be easier to get into a van. We switched to a van from our Explorer when we had our third, and it was a huge help when our fourth came. Easier for them to get in and out, fit car seats in multiple locations, and we had a full size Ford Windstar that fit a double stroller plus more in the back. As they got older, multiple sports and any trip further than the grocery store, demanded a ton of space for all the stuff we needed to carry. Newer vans even have the additional pit type storage under the floors making it easy to hide stuff. Anyway, that's my advise from actual experience. Good luck...not just with the vehicle.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the responses. We had a minivan previous to the Dodge Journey. I’m actually quite impressed with how well every one fits now that the 4th is here. We currently have the 2 older kids in the very back. We used to do all 3 in the middle row, so they are absolutely loving the extra room. 

Yes a stroller in and out of the cargo box may become a pain, time will tell. But for shopping trips or sport trips we can just take the Super Duty. I’m still hesitating in taking out the console to put in the folding seat in the truck. Lol

I am hoping to get 2 years out of the Journey before we go to something bigger for the family. 

Edited by vozaday