Engine overheated

Check your radiator has good flow and also check the thermostat isn't sticking. Any radiator that's even partially blocked can kill engines. Could explain why your cooling fan has no issue controlling the system temperature in the city but fails on the open road as higher revs = more heat, failure to expel heat = overheat. Also check your coolant is rich enough and not had water added too many times.

Rossco

Edited by rossco

On 19/08/2018 at 7:55 AM, rossco said:

Check your radiator has good flow and also check the thermostat isn't sticking. Any radiator that's even partially blocked can kill engines. Could explain why your cooling fan has no issue controlling the system temperature in the city but fails on the open road as higher revs = more heat, failure to expel heat = overheat. Also check your coolant is rich enough and not had water added too many times.

Rossco

I already tested the radiator. And the cooalant fluid is normal

You don't say whether you've had the thermostat changed or not? I mentioned this in my first post. They can get "sticky" and appear to work ok at times. Removing the thermostat to discount it is a regularly used diagnostic method. 

Also the easy way checking rad in and out hose temps can indicate there is no flow due to thermostat being closed. 

Rossco

On 21/08/2018 at 16:07, rossco said:

Você não diz se mudou o termostato ou não? Eu mencionei isso no meu primeiro post. Eles podem ficar "pegajosos" e parecem funcionar bem às vezes. Remover o termostato para descontá-lo é um método de diagnóstico usado regularmente. 

Além disso, a maneira mais fácil de verificar a entrada e saída de mangueira pode indicar que não há fluxo devido ao fechamento do termostato. 

Rossco

The thermostat has been removed.

Would also help I find you would tell us everything that you have had done already so we can stop wasting time making suggestions you've already tried. 

At this point I would be checking the radiator flow again as something's not right. Just because water comes out the bottom does not mean "it's fine".

rossco