check engine light

So what do you want from us? What is the exact code? If there is a part that needs to be replaced, you will have to buy it.....which costs money....if you can't afford to buy the part, there is nothing else to do, we can't fix it for you. Put a piece of black tape over the light so you dont have to look at it....

Edited by jkeaton

9 hours ago, ltsmitty03 said:

the code is p0946

well you have the code and it called a generic code for the evap system, you can try replacing parts using the shotgun method or have a trained mechanic check it out for you, online we cant say exactly what is the problem as this is a generic code, could be a lot of things. good luck

• 2 months later...

I think Hankster hit it on the money....had a similar code come up on my 2012 journey and took it to a mechanic ..pulled a code which he cleared twice ...me thinking I had to replace the evap canister but it seemed that the gas cap was still loose making it throw a code …..I will have to mention I did fueled up prior to this happening to me...truth I was a relief it wasn't any major....I say tighten the gas cap by turning it clicking three times , run the car for a bit and see if the engine light doesn't go off then it def something else...in my opinion....process of elimination