Battery icon pops up on my evic. When i went to message in evic it says "battery saving mode"

What does it mean. Does it associate with my battery being dead last month? Is it an indication of weak battery! I called dealership about it and they schedule me for next two weeks! I just wanna know if forum member gave experience like this also!

Hmmm...Learn something new every day:

STAR Case

Chrysler Group LLC Version 1

Case Number: S1108000147

Release Date: 09/17/2011

Symptom/Vehicle Issue:

Battery Saver Message Appears In The Evic

Discussion:

Battery saver message is being displayed in the EVIC of the cluster.

Repair:

Vehicles with EVIC warning display can display a battery saver message. The sensor on the battery reports battery (voltage, temperature, state of charge and amp-hours in/out etc.) to the CBC (Body Controller) on the LIN bus. The CBC sends a message to the cluster to indicate ‘battery saver active’ it indicates that the battery has lost >5 AH during an ignition cycle and may cause other component operation issues reducing component performance, blower speed, radio volume, window operation ect…as battery charge declines.

Thanks for sharing.. Im just confuse about it. Since i have schedule to dealership next next week should i ask them to replace with the new battery? Will it resolve the issue. I have dead battery issue twice on my 20 months of owning my journey. Several occasion my remote start wont work but when i use the manual push button, it works! My audio is compleate dead now( radio, usb music and even navigation) i dont know if its associated with my battery saving mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...