Daytime Running Lights Activated

generaltso

• 2 weeks later...

I Just got one thing to say. Thank you thank you thank you. We have made 3 trips to the dealer, luckily it is just around the corner. First time was to find out why my DRL's weren't working after enabling them on uconnect. Second was to tell them that they need to add a sales code, to which they said they reconfigured the car and still no DRL because this car does not have them. This was even after I told them what was said here. So I showed him the printed information and he said he would get ahold of corporate to see what is going on. Got home and I called corporate saying I wanted them enabled and someone needs to do something, he checked my vin info and said that trim and car does not have them. Again I read what was said here and he said "really?" . Corporate called dealer today and told them to try it but to let me know it wont work because of the lights. Don't ask me what they meant? So took car in and amazing , we now have our DRL's working and the service manager is astonished why the company would cause all these problems.

So again Thank you to all contributors for your posting , as they helped me get the right answer and now I see the lights. And it didn't cost me a thing.

Edited by birchbunch

• 3 months later...

My dealer is quoting me $110 US to get them turned on. That seems quite high as how many that are getting it done aren't charged. Do I look for another dealer? Any feedback appreciated. I agree with the comments that say this should have come from the factory enabled.

If one of my customers just bought a 2014 vehicle from us and requested the DRL be activated, we would do so at no charge. It takes 15 minutes to do at best, often less. You might ask your salesperson to intervene on your behalf, or introduce yourself to the service manager and request that it be done as part of the sale. You were likely quoted by the service advisor at the service desk who may not know that you just bought the car from them.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the forum, and a new 2014 Journey owner, this has been very helpful for the DRL issue, in addition to the DRL's, I would also like to ask, is it possible to add automatic headlights?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride!

• Official Dodge Support

Welcome !

I would have thought the Crossroad model would have

come with AutoHeadlight feature,check the headlight switch

as that's where it has been in the past.

fkjourney,

Welcome to the forum!

I'd recommend calling your dealer to see if a flash would apply. The setup is slightly different in Canada.

Perhaps @DodgeCares could shed some light?

Just bought a 2014 SXT Journey and the dealer said there is no DRL code under my vin number to turn on the DRL. If anyone knows how to get the LMK code to show up on his computer he said he would turn mine on.

Can anyone tell me how to tell the dealer to add the sales code to my vin.

Can anyone tell me how to tell the dealer to add the sales code to my vin.

For 2014, the sales code LMK for DRL is no longer present in our dealer database. I have not been able to confirm, but it appears that LMK can only be added when the vehicle is configured at the factory if DRL is ordered as an extra-cost option. I have not been able to add LMK to any 2014 VIN that I have checked. One new member here purchased a Crossroad and it had LMK listed on the factory build sheet in the Optional Equipment section, not in the Dealer Added Options area. Sorry that I can't help you with this.

• 2 weeks later...

New to this Forum, but glad I am! I have a 2014 DJ Limited and have the on/off feature in UConnect. I was just getting ready to contact my dealer to find out if & how much it would be to add the LMK code, as my DRL are not working (I actually didn't think about it until a month after I had the car). I would think with the Limited model this would be a feature, but seems that I may be out of luck (which really sucks because I get a discount on my car insurance for having them). Any update on how to have them activated for the 2014 model would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

New member New Journey Same problem as everyone else: DRL do not come on when connect check box shows activated. As I have a brand new 2015 Journey SXT (3 days from dealer), any ideas what I tell the service folks when I take it back and complain? If LMK and re-flash doesn't do it for a 2014/5: What does work so I at least have the option of turning DRL on/off from the BIG Screen?

Darn HOT in San Antonio but the 3-zone AC is up to it.

Welcome to the forum. You are the first one with the 2015 so far on this site, so I doubt that anyone here will tell you anything different from the folks with 2014's. They are still waiting for a response themselves. Hopefully someone will be able to get this sorted out. Congratulations and enjoy your new DJ!!!

dont expect any help or info from Dodgecare on this subject i have sent several messages to them and even jouryman425 has tried to help and get in touch with them with no luck. bought my 2014 couple of months ago and cant find out anything and i want to keep my journey all OEM mopar so i really dont want to go after market for them. What ever the problem is it all seems a little weird but hey maybee DodgeCare is still on vacation as some want to suggest for the last month or two.. oh well.........at least our friends up north who have DodgeCaCares to help them here from their rep..

Went by my local stealer today and the tech said no problem. Said he would do both my Journeys for only $109 each. Think I'll try another down the road this seems a little steep.

at least your dealer said it could be done. my dealerships in al. said they have no idea on how and they said they called the main help center where ever that is. just what did your dealer tell you has to be done????

at least your dealer said it could be done. my dealerships in al. said they have no idea on how and they said they called the main help center where ever that is. just what did your dealer tell you has to be done????

I don't think he has had any more luck than you or he would have given an update. I don't understand why they don't make it standard on all products. Anyway, keep raising the issue. Sooner or later someone is going to listen. Are there any states where day time running lights are mandatory? Can you even order a DJ in the U.S. with DRL"s as part of a package from the dealer? Good luck.

Can you even order a DJ in the U.S. with DRL"s as part of a package from the dealer? Good luck.

It is a stand-alone option that can be ordered from the factory. I think it is nothing more than the factory adding the sales code LMK and simply charging for it as opposed to us being able to add the code at the dealer level up unitl model year 2013.

Edited by Journeyman425

New member New Journey Same problem as everyone else: DRL do not come on when connect check box shows activated. As I have a brand new 2015 Journey SXT (3 days from dealer), any ideas what I tell the service folks when I take it back and complain? If LMK and re-flash doesn't do it for a 2014/5: What does work so I at least have the option of turning DRL on/off from the BIG Screen?

Darn HOT in San Antonio but the 3-zone AC is up to it.

I haven't tried a 2015 VIN yet - if you wish, post the last eight digits of the VIN with approx. mileage and I'll try it. No luck with any 2014's.

Last 8 of VIN: FT520425.

Just returned from a futile visit to Dealer.

Per STAR response: For 2015 there is NO sales code for DRL therefore it is Not Possible to add and therefore not possible to activate DRL. If true, I smell a Class Action Lawsuit brewing.

Owners manual clearly states DRL are automatic and the UConnect has the DRL On/Off feature.

How do I escalate this?

By the way: LOVE my Journey.... Good job Dodge but come on: Figure out how to fix the DRL problem........