How to Fold Front Passenger Seat Down Flat

Okinawa17

Hi Everyone !  

I have a 2016 Dodge Journey SXT (which I love !) and I have a question about the front passenger seat.

Looking at the Youtube video below I thought I would be able to fold my front passenger seat down flat.  I also thought that my 2016 Dodge Journey SXT would have the front passenger seat storage compartment but it does not seem to.

Am I missing something or does the 2016 Dodge Journey SXT not have either of these features ?

Thank you !

Okinawa17

Look at the back of the seat cushion - does it have a strap?  If yes, then the seat has an interior storage compartment and the seat back will fold forward to a flat position.  If it doesn't, then you don't.

The 2016 SXT required the Premium Group package to get the fold-flat front seat.  This would include Sirius XM radio, 8.4" Uconnect, power driver's seat, and daytime running lamps.  It sounds like you don't have any of that.

Something to keep in mind - the 2016 SXT is NOT the 2015 SXT - it's more like the 2016 SE.  They got rid of the AVP and CVP models and de-featured the SE to base.

The passenger options you are talking about are pretty obvious to recognize...if you have it. When I was looking for my DJ, one of the ones I was considering did not have that option, but had almost everything else. It was a used model so God knows why the original purchaser didn't add it. The one I did buy does have it, and yes it is a nice feature. On the flip side, in my excitement I forgot to make sure I had the hands free option :-(

• 2 weeks later...