Enquiry about what fuel to usr for my 2010 Dodge Journey.

JoeDookie

Articles I have seen in the past show that using other premium  ( higher octane) fuels is a complete waste of money if vehicle is designed to use 85 octane anyway. But, I plan on using a can of Sea Foam annually to the fuel tank. Many people swear by using it in boat trolling motor fuels, so I tried it a month ago in our 2012 DJ. I am only putting the numbers I saw without any claims. Before fill up my DJ has a 14  L / 100 kms in a mixed city / highway as usual. Added Sea Foam and two tanks later I am at 11 L / 100 kms same daily driving routine. Maybe it did help clean injectors plus provides moisture protection, stabilizer etc... ? In our area NAPA has Sea Foam on sale till end of February for $8 grabbing a couple more for a 6 month addition in the DJ , can't hurt  I guess ? Worse case, I am wasting my money now LOL

• 1 year later...

sticking with the normal 87 octane gas at the pump is good …..don't attempt any higher as it may not make any diff on your car but may screw with the computer...e85 translates that in case you don't have normal gas or 87 octane you can use e85 as your engine is compatible to use and it will be fine with no damage happening to the engine

• 5 years later...
On 2/25/2017 at 9:39 AM, 2late4u said:

it is  a mixture of ethanol and gasoline, so just use regular gas and you will be fine....

The original poster of this 7 year old thread shows pic of his Journey being a flex fuel vehicle. That means YES he can run the higher ETHANOL BLEND E85 or regular gas. It is however stated in the owners book to run primarily one or the other and not mix fuel fill ups with more than 1/4 tank of either remaining "in the tank" fuel. YES it's been well documented that the 89 octane does seem to work better in the 3.5 motors when using regular gas and not E85.

AND     WELCOME to the forum!