Canbus or no Canbus?

mfeel

Hi folks,

I was looking at superbrightled.com at the led bulbs for my license light bulb. I came at a step, where i have to choose between normal led bulbs, and can bus led bulbs... I dont know which one i should choose. The reason i am changing i bought some cheap led on eBay and they started to flicker. It bothers me, and i hate the yellowish light of the bulbs since all my car is factory equipped with led inside. 

Another question, for the trunk light, they're also yellowish. I want to buy led. When i opened the cover, they were dome light shaped (212-2), and superbrightled are saying they're 579... Please help me here too. 

Thanks, i appreciate it. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 7.12.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 7.12.27 PM.png

Edited by mfeel

13 hours ago, mfeel said:

Thanks. 

I also wanted to change the front turning signal light to led, but theres no can bus  available. Can i take non can bus?

As stated, you will need resistors to make led turns work.  I run regular non-canbus LED's in my 2013 interior and license plate. No issues. 

Thanks everyone. So here's what I'll do. 

I bought LED for my license plate a my trunk light. Didnt need to buy any more because my interior is already stock led. 

I also won't change the exterior flashing, i dont have time to install resistors and all that kit, so i guess ill keep it as it already is. 

Thanks @OhareFred, @Camper and @jkeaton for the help, I truly appreciate :)  

I changed my rear turn signal for red LED, did not add load resistor and they work just fine. The first time I started the car after installing them it said that my light was burned but I left my turn signal on for about 30sec and everything went back to normal. It's been 6months and they only did that once while driving since then. And I used some cheap LED bulb bought on eBay.

Edited by HugoClement

• 4 weeks later...