Backup camera during the night

Hi guys! 

I have a little issue. During the night time, when it is dark, or in a garage and i put my car in reverse, why is my camera blue? I mean, on the screen it is sky blue and it is really really really hard to look at it. It takes approximatly 3 to 4 minutes to adapt and then it comes back to normal... Slowly but surely. Is there something wrong, a common issue or normal? 

I have the 8.4n.

Thanks a lot, i appreciate.

not normal take it back to the dealership since you are covered on the warranty. i really dont like the 10-15 second delay before the camera comes on it should be an instant thing... sometimes if i start it up and shift real quick the camera comes on before the warning does... i bet there is a way to disable the warning instructions. as the engineers that design stuff usually leaves a way to get rid of it..

3 hours ago, mfeel said:

Okay, i think i will take it. But i'd really like to know why is it that way... weird. Anyways thanks. And, is there a way to make my guided lines moving as i turn my steering wheel? Thanks!

No snarkiness intended, but it's that way because it's defective . . . . . and to answer the second question; no, there is no way to have dynamic guide lines - I have vehicles that do it both ways and personally don't miss the 'feature' at al on the Journey

And while you are at the dealer you might want to ask that he make a product suggestion, which is that the camera should not switch off immediately on shifting out of reverse - I think it should stay on until the vehicle is shifted back to drive or into Park - or there might be a timer, a parameter that could be adjusted in the settings screen.

Edited by bramfrank

OK, so after a long talk with technicians they tested 3 other journeys in their dark underground garage and they were like mines, except they took about 5 to 6 seconds to adjust. Theyll reset a code i dont even know which one for the camera and theyll make sure its all ok. The blue screen is normal during night, especially if the car was in the sun earlier in the day.