Caliber turbo manifold.

I dunno if it's been talked about or not, but my 15 journey 2.4 is an absolute dog. I understand the caliber srt and the journey share similer "world" engines that replaced the 2.4 EDZ engines in the older stratus/breeze etc etc. Exhaust manifold from caliber looks to be direct swap as far as gaskets linking up with holes. Has anyone successfully done this? I have a way to tune the journey as of now. Would be low low boost. Maybe 4-5lbs.as the compression ratio on it scares me with going higher. Don't want a v6 journey so that isn't an option.

probley because it is what it is . A econo box SUV , bought mine not expecting great performance. adding boost to a high compression engine ? you do know this little 2.4 is a bullet proof engine in st stock configuration ....

don't know if by adding a after market exhaust and intake would do nothing but make the car louder ...

yes the 2.4 is somewhat of a dog , but mine gets me down the road ....

I dunno if it's been talked about or not, but my 15 journey 2.4 is an absolute dog. I understand the caliber srt and the journey share similer "world" engines that replaced the 2.4 EDZ engines in the older stratus/breeze etc etc. Exhaust manifold from caliber looks to be direct swap as far as gaskets linking up with holes. Has anyone successfully done this? I have a way to tune the journey as of now. Would be low low boost. Maybe 4-5lbs.as the compression ratio on it scares me with going higher. Don't want a v6 journey so that isn't an option.

The 2.4 as used in the Caliber SRT4 had enhanced innards for use with the turbo.

I was on the Caliber forum 5 yrs and people that tried turbo on standard 2.4 blew them up.

You say you don't want a V6. IMHO, the Pentastar is almost too much engine for my FWD DJ. Torque steer is horrendous. Why could they not come up with equal length half-shafts? I can burn rubber in any instance, even with my oversized tires. I have to keep my hands tightly on the wheel while hard downshifting, but she scoots when necessary.

I am satisfied with the Performance of my 2.4l. Before going wild with mods make sure your sparkplug and filters are fresh, injectors are clean, brakes are not dragging and the tires are pumped up. You might be surprised how well it can run stock.

Hank

Edited by Hankster

We went from a 2014 FRS to the journey and it's just sad how slow it is. And the frs was a dog. I've had 2.4 swapped neons (1st gens) SRT8'S I like power. Just when we bought this we were not in the position to own a v6. Now that I can afford to play again it needs power. I'll do it. And post results. Look for it next summer some time. Not aiming for the moon just something that doesn't get passed by a camry when I too the floor.