Wiper fluid puddle under ride

Hey guys good morning

I noticed today when I was using my wiper nozzles for the front that underneath my ride there was a puddle I looked under the hood everything seems bone dry

There's fluid in the reservoir

I checked nozzles they are clean and on firm

Nozzles were replaced recently both of them when I use it the spray nozzle shoots out fluid no problem

What could it be ?

Have you you used your rear washer? The pump at the bottom of the tank is a two way pump: it runs one way for the front, the opposite way for the back. That being said, there may be a leak in the hose going to the back. Do you only have water in your tank?

I have washer fluid in it

I used the back this morning the water puddle is in the front not back

The tank is in the front. If you use you rear washer, the fluid has to travel from the tank, which is located in the front of the car, to the nozzle, which is in the rear of the car. If there is a leak in the hose, it could be anywhere along the rubber hose, which runs from the front of the car to the rear of the car. Therefore, if you use your rear washer, and the hose leaks in the front, the puddle would be in the front.

I just noticed that you said AC is off. Since you have an R/T, you probably have AUTO HVAC. If you keep your HVAC in AUTO, like I do, the AC will come on. The AUTO constantly mixes hot and cold air to get to the point where you have set the temp, constantly basing this on outside conditions. So, it could be water from the the evaporator.

And, you thought I was done! LOL

Edited by dhh3

When I'm done using my AC I turn it off I never use auto at all.

I used my wipers coming home in my garage because the floor is clean and I used my wiper nozzles in the front and in the back both shooting out no issues.

Go look under the ride I got a puddle.

I'll see if I can upload a picture not sure how to on the site.

Is this normal thing,

I had a 2003 explorer limited and never noticed this before

Windshield washer fluid has (at least mine does) a particular colour and smell.

Compare to what is in the bottle of which ever you use.

If it is water then I suspect as someone pointed out it's probably HVAC outflow

and nothing else as everything else has distinct smell/colour.

AC will come on with your defroster, whether you use AUTO or not. I have a puddle of water just like you posted, but it is ice melt off of the AC evaporator.

I use Orange Rain-X wiper fluid, and never see any orange puddles on my garage floor, unless the wind shield is really covered with bugs. I also apply Rain-X to my wind shield a couple of time during the summer so the bugs don't stick!