Hi!

My iPhone takes FOREVER to connect to my radio... I dont know what to do, i tried to re-pair it, delete it from my phone, etc... But it is not working. I went to apple and they said theres no problem at all with my phone... Thank you

Boy, dont know what to say. My IPhone 5 connects right away. I had a android before that and it connected right away also. About the only thing I could suggest is remove your phone(unpair it) remove uconnect from your phone, disconnect the negetive cable for 30 mins to reset everything and try again. If it does the same thing it could be you bluetooth module...let us know.

The module shouldbe covered under warranty...

Edited by OhareFred

Uconnect only supports iOS7.1. If you have more recent software, it may take longer to pair with Uconnect. My iPhone 6s with iOS9.3.2 took 2 times to connect. The first time timed out. I would delete your phone, and try again. My phone sends and receives calls, but not text messages because of Uconnect's lack of support for Apple. When Uconnect comes out with Apple/Android Play, hopefully it will be a software upgrade, or we can install these new radios in our DJs. Then they will all play well together.

• 1 month later...

I have experienced something similar with both Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and an Iphone 6S. connection takes a while but if it connects to the iphone and I want to switch to the Samsung, then it will say it is unable to connect even though the the phone is in the car and bluetooth is turned on.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:39 PM, dhh3 said:

The system will only connect to one phone at a time.  You can connect up to 6 phones, but only one can be the primary.  You can change the priority whenever you want.

I understand that. The issue is, once a phone is connected and you would like to connect a difference phone so you first disconnect the first one and connect to the second one. When doing that, it doesn't connect to the second phone at all stating device is unreachable even though it is in the car with bluetooth on and then it won't connect to the first device again either saying device is unavailable. That is the issue.

Also you can technically connect two phones, one will be used for calls via the car and the second would be for media streaming. 

No.  You have to tell the BIB (bitch in box) which phone now has priority.  It will not change the priority just because you connect another phone.  As far as I know, you can not connect 2 phones at the same time:  one for phone, one for music streaming.  Only one phone has priority at a time.

11 minutes ago, dhh3 said:

No.  You have to tell the BIB (bitch in box) which phone now has priority.  It will not change the priority just because you connect another phone.  As far as I know, you can not connect 2 phones at the same time:  one for phone, one for music streaming.  Only one phone has priority at a time.

I have connected two phones hence I told you it is possible. In the dodge and the infiniti. Problem is that priority makes no difference, sometimes it connects smoothly with no issues other times it says device not available. 

I am thinking I will do a dealer visit and see what they have to say about it.

3 hours ago, dhh3 said:

Your exactly right - only 1 fone has BT priority although you can have more 1 paired.

Use the audio cable connection the audio input.

I suppose that you could pair a phone to be used as the phone, and connect another phone via the USB or AUX for music.  I think this was what jkeaton is saying.  When I plug my iPhone6s into the USB, it shows up as iPod on the input device.  I think that you can pair up to 6 phones, but only 1 has priority:  to send and receive calls.  I bought a 2 USB input that I plugged into the power port under the dash.  So, when I'm using my phone for Nav, I plug it in there to charge the phone.

Edited by dhh3

5 hours ago, Devilzblood said:

I have connected two phones hence I told you it is possible. In the dodge and the infiniti. Problem is that priority makes no difference, sometimes it connects smoothly with no issues other times it says device not available. 

I am thinking I will do a dealer visit and see what they have to say about it.

If you have 2 phones connected, how does it know which one to route the call to?  By the phone number?  I have been using Uconnect since 2006 - 10 years.  And for 10 years, only 1 phone has priority.  You may have discovered a glitch that works sometimes, but not all the time.  Maybe FCA will pay you the $1500 reward when people discover software issues.

On 7/28/2016 at 5:34 PM, dhh3 said:

If you have 2 phones connected, how does it know which one to route the call to?  By the phone number?  I have been using Uconnect since 2006 - 10 years.  And for 10 years, only 1 phone has priority.  You may have discovered a glitch that works sometimes, but not all the time.  Maybe FCA will pay you the $1500 reward when people discover software issues.

Its not about which phone to connect t. Under your bluetooth settings even in your phone, when you tap your car you will see the following:

Call Audio

Media Audio 

Modern bluetooth devices are aware of the difference and so is the car. I am not talking about the priority feature. Just that Phone A can be connected for call audio only and Phone B can be connected for Media Audio. When you receive a call on Phone A, you use your cars bluetooth and if you receive a call on Phone B, you just use the handset because the system (UConnect in this case) doesn't have the permission and is not connected for call audio. I will take a picture of the two should you require proof but this does work :)

So, what you are saying is what I am saying:  only one phone can send and receive calls via Uconnect (connected through BT) at a time: set for priority.  I have never tried a second phone connected via BT for music streaming:  just my daughter's phone through the AUX to listen to her Pandora.  Please take a picture so I can see what you are referring to.

Edited by dhh3