Automatic Headlamps

While the site says that all US DJ models get automatic headlamps (which we know is wrong), the current online brochure says they're optional on the Crossroad and Crossroad +, a component of the Popular Equipment Group. And adding automatic headlights is a function of changing some components and adding a sales code which I believe is not currently possible.

Note that all of the promotional material is subject to change.

thanx fellas... just find it strange (someone probably posted this) that a 30K car has no AHLs...

nor does it have DRLs even though there is an option in settings for DRLs...

DRL's are turned on/off at the factory dependent on the destination of that

individual vehicle , if they aren't mandated in your region they didn't set the sales

code set.

As for AHL that is marketing for you some one decided the CR would come

without them.

Edited by bigtsr

• 2 weeks later...

If DRLs are still listed as a Sales Code, your Dealer can turn them on for you. Note: they do not come on unless the car is in gear.

yeah, i pulled the car in front of a window so i can see the lights in the window when i put the car in gear... unfortunately after i turned them on in settings/lights, i put the car in gear and saw no lights in the window...

I'm in Canada where drl's are mandatory and I sort of hate how they look especially being all dim and how one side turns off when you use a turn signal. I also never use my auto headlights since I like the look of the fog lights on and the main head light off which sort of resembles the look of the higher end cars like Mercedes Benz which uses fogs as Drl's. I'm gonna try and hook up the drl wire to activate a relay which will turn on the fogs as my drl's.

The DRL is supposed to turn off to make the signal light more visible. In the new cars, where the DRL is an LED near the signal light, the same thing happens. I doubt if there is a wire for the DRLs as they are controlled by a signal from the CanBus.

Edited by dhh3

went to the dealer and was told that we have no DRL, also no code to activate them and the same with the AHL... told them i would buy the switch with the auto option and have them install and activate the AHL... was told i can only buy the switch aftermarket and that they would not be able to install and activate the AHL... :thud: are these people kidding... also told that doors could not be adjusted because they would be misaligned if they tried to adjust :hammer_self: ... my temper will not allow BS, so i just left without another word spoken. will try another dealer. they are quick to take your money, however when you need help, they do not want to know or see you. funny how they make it seem like the problem you are having with your brand new car is your fault... :banghead: time to put on my other face and put the nice guy face away... everytime i try and get out, they pull me back in... :swear:

Edited by Sydtoosic

You need the correct sensor + the switch for Auto Lights. And, auto lights has to be listed as a Sales Code, or NO dealer can activate them. I have the sensor and switch installed. I'm just waiting for the Sales Code to reappear on the Sales Code List, or whatever they call it.

Edited by dhh3

You need the correct sensor + the switch for Auto Lights. And, auto lights has to be listed as a Sales Code, or NO dealer can activate them. I have the sensor and switch installed. I'm just waiting for the Sales Code to reappear on the Sales Code List, or whatever they call it.

Was it ever listed as a sales code?

I thought the only guy that had it enabled his dealer opened a star case to have dodge add it