Dealer Stencil

jwh012781

Does anyone have suggestion on removing the Dealer stenciling on the back of cars? I am not a fan of free advertising...

You can use a heat gun. Get it nice and warm and it should pop off. It is attached with double sided tape. If there is some tape left on the body use some 3M adheasive remover to get the rest off. That is how I did mine. Or you could use fishing line and saw the tape off. But then you have more of the tape still on the body and will require more work.

• 4 weeks later...
You can use a heat gun. Get it nice and warm and it should pop off. It is attached with double sided tape. If there is some tape left on the body use some 3M adheasive remover to get the rest off. That is how I did mine. Or you could use fishing line and saw the tape off. But then you have more of the tape still on the body and will require more work.

Would using a heat gun not bubble the finish of paint? I'd like to remove mine too but not at the cost of possible paint damage. Let me know.

Would using a heat gun not bubble the finish of paint? I'd like to remove mine too but not at the cost of possible paint damage. Let me know.

FYI, I took off my dealer decal today with a heat gun set for 300 degrees and not damage or sign nearing any damage to the paint. Go at it, just use caution!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heat guns will usually not damage paint or bubble paint if left for breife periods of time. Paint hardens like acylic (so does clear) once it is put under the UV lamps for drying after the painting process is complete.

the only thing a heat gun will do if left on for long periods of time is beging to crack and possible scorch the clear. But in most cases you have to be really abusive to get that to happen.

the other thing you could use....warm/hot water and a plastic razor blade you can get form local parts stores. then finish with 3m adhesive remover.

But it will take longer like other have said.

• 1 year later...
Does anyone have suggestion on removing the Dealer stenciling on the back of cars? I am not a fan of free advertising...

I know this is a very old thread but I wanted to mention that my dealer used an electric erasure (the kind used in drafting departments) if it is just a vinyl sticker to remove my dealer sticker from my PT Criuiser. I know this sounds weird but it worked well.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 10 months later...

I've actually been pleasantly surprised that my last two cars from this particular dealer didn't have their badging on it (apart from the inside bottom corner of the windshield), despite many of the cars on the lot having them. First time I thought it was because car was made to order and I took delivery the day after they received it, but the DJ had been on the lot for a while. In any case, one less thing to remove :)

as soon as i got mt 2011 mainstreet i removed the dealers name and all the dodge crap on the back hatch,was easy use some bumper sticker remover (auto parts sell it) and gentley lift the edge of what ever you are wanting to remove. makes washing and waxing alot easier. of course my wife got mad oh well!! lol

I usually use Goo Gone here at the office for removing stickers from PC's and the like, can be had @ Canadia tire, Staples and the like. I actually got my small bottle from a dollar store. It's just a natural Mineral oil/Citrus cleaner and it works fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Yah... Ours came with a cheap plastic dealership emblem. Used a hair dryer to heat it up and it came right off. Removed the tape residue with micro fibre cloth, Lucas Slick Mist and some elbow grease. Not sure I'd use a heat gun - they may cause damage if you get distracted for a couple of seconds. Wish the dealership would actually spend $50 on a high quality emblem and I may just leave them on. I mean what's $50 on a $30,000+ vehicle.