Spark Plug Change, Need New Intake Gaskets

onecrazyfoo4u

Getting ready to do my spark plug change and realized I need new intake manifold gaskets...I believe there's 12 total (6 upper and 6 lower). Is this correct? Does anyone have the part numbers? I see rockauto has Mopar 5184331AC, but I believe that's only for one section (upper or lower). What are both part numbers...I think they're different?

Thanks bama, just what I needed!

Just for kicks I called the dealer to ask for pricing. It was 40% more to get the parts through them, than to order online with free shipping. That just confirms why I never buy parts at the dealer...huge markups! Granted it's only a few bucks difference here, but gets costly for other major parts.

Edited by onecrazyfoo4u

true they are higher priced BUT on a lot of the parts they are a better quality then you get down the street,my dad found that out with an alternator for his van yrs ago, the after market ones didnt hold up and he finally used a mopar alternator and never had any more problems with it

Edited by 2late4u

• 2 months later...

So I finally got around to changing my spark plugs at 100,500 miles. The job was much easier than anticipated, 2 hours methodically taking my time since I hadn't done it on this vehicle before. The plugs were definitely in need of replacement, couple of them had a decent amount of buildup around the electrodes. I'm sure I'll pick up a couple mpg's hopefully!

There was quite a bit of oil in the intake manifold running around. I cleaned it out the best I could. Should I be concerned about so much oil there? Does that mean there's a problem?

FYI, you only need the 6 upper intake manifold gaskets (the square ones). You don't pull the lower intake manifold off, so no need to replace the lower intake gaskets (roundish ones).

My dealership will match the total price, if it can be confirmed to be a genuine OEM part. If they list the part at $200, but I find the exact same part through a site reputable enough (either listed as another dealership through Amazon, or something similar) for a combined part + shipping price that is ANYTHING less than what they sell (realistically, a price 15-20% lower is what I tend to find for OEM parts), they'll give me the same net price I would have paid. I call that fair - either way, I get a lower price than they originally quoted me, while still getting OEM parts.