Our 2013 Winterchill Journey Got Severely Backed Into

13DODGE

Our poor Journey has had some very serious tough luck as of late...

Parked the car, ran into the bank and walked out to this mess:

23072269686_9f2842b6cc_z.jpg

22706066229_6cc6e3e056_z.jpg

22706066039_e6025a198e_z.jpg

The individual who hit the Journey was present. They stated that they hit the Journey while backing into the parking spot and accidentally went full throttle in reverse. The Journey then spun and hit the adjacent car. We are going through insurance, car was towed to the police collision centre where a report was filed.

Uncertain at this point whether it will be a write-off or not. The tow truck driver and police officer said it seems unlikely that it could be repaired (if there is frame damage). Appears most of the impact was absorbed by the door, it remains to be seen if the frame/pillar was also damaged. Guess it will be up to the insurance company to decide. Any thoughts?

Very fortunate nobody was in or around the Journey at the time!

Someone did the same thing to my Jeep Commander. The passenger side front door was replaced, the rear door needed a new skin and it spent 2 days on the frame straightener machine (B pillar took the brunt force). I could still drive it! So, it may not be totaled. Think positive, unless your looking to get something newer!

Edited by dhh3

Someone did the same thing to my Jeep Commander. The passenger side front door was replaced, the rear door needed a new skin and it spent 2 days on the frame straightener machine (B pillar took the brunt force). I could still drive it! So, it may not be totaled. Think positive, unless your looking to get something newer!

Just received confirmation that it is not a total loss. :thumbsup: Shop estimate is around $6400 ~17 days.

Insurance gave us a fully loaded Grand Caravan in the meantime. :hat_tip:

Winterchill Journey??? WTH is a Winterchill Journey?

Winter Chill Pearlcoat is the colour name of our Journey. It was available only in the 2013 model year on select vehicles such as the Journey, Dart, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Compass and Patriot. Similar to my first Dodge which was an 88 Aries in Skyblue. ;)

I can't believe thats a total. New door, fender, straighten, should be good as neww, unless there is a lot of damage we cant see. Best of luck!

Thanks! Keep everyone posted.

Edited by 13DODGE