how do I remove the silver part that runs into hvac controls and yes I search the forum . didnt find the answer

Billy Billy

does anyone know how to remove those silver trim parts that curve below the dash at the hvac controls. I want to wrap them . I was thinking maybe they just pop out if i take something flat like a flat head screwdriver and pop it loose?

I want to wrap them in vinyl.Either in glossy black or chrome and btw Yes I search the forum. Not sure what those things are called so I didnt have much luck searching the forum for this information

They do just pop out - you use a trim tool (a plastic pry tool) to get them out. You will find directions in the backup camera installation manual, which is posted here:

http://starparts.chrysler.com/info/default/K6861161.pdf

Please follow this advice and spend a couple bucks on the trim panel tool. It is very easy to damage these parts prying on them with a screwdriver and they aren't cheap to replace...

Please follow this advice and spend a couple bucks on the trim panel tool. It is very easy to damage these parts prying on them with a screwdriver and they aren't cheap to replace...

I was thinking the same after I wrote the OP, but I agree and its pretty cheap. Got a 4 peice set for 2 dollars off ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Car-Radio-Stereo-Door-Trim-Dash-Panel-Install-Removal-Pry-Tools-Kit-New-/231735003635?hash=item35f47b89f3:g:huoAAOSwo6lWPHdj&vxp=mtr

Edited by Billy Billy

I was thinking the same after I wrote the OP, but I agree and its pretty cheap. Got a 4 peice set for 2 dollars off ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Car-Radio-Stereo-Door-Trim-Dash-Panel-Install-Removal-Pry-Tools-Kit-New-/231735003635?hash=item35f47b89f3:g:huoAAOSwo6lWPHdj&vxp=mtr

You'll probably get it in 6-8 weeks. I hate that stuff coming from China. They may ship it quick but it usually gets held up in customs for awhile.

You'll probably get it in 6-8 weeks. I hate that stuff coming from China. They may ship it quick but it usually gets held up in customs for awhile.

Well the seller has a 99% feedback rating with high scores on shipping times, so I shall see. I also am still deciding what color I want to do the silver trim in. A few thoughts I had are

1 spray paint it the Bitch Black same as my car paint name and also paint the dull black plastic part of the cross hair on my grill.

2 wrap it in a chrome vinyl like a black gloss, chrome or a wood color but I really think #1 is a cool ideal and if I fuck it up, I can sand it down and wrap it then in a chrome black gloss or wood color

Edited by Billy Billy

One thing I don't like about ebay feedback. The seller could have sold 5 million items, 1%, that's 5000 unhappy customers....I prefer amazon where you can get actual, in-depth customer feedback. Ebay lets you add like 100 characters....lol. Just my two cents. Plus, I'm so used to ordering from Amazon and having it on my doorstep within 2 days. I bought a set of taillights for my truck on ebay on Nov. 4, expected delivery Nov. 12. Call me impatient..... :hyper:

One thing I don't like about ebay feedback. The seller could have sold 5 million items, 1%, that's 5000 unhappy customers....I prefer amazon where you can get actual, in-depth customer feedback. Ebay lets you add like 100 characters....lol. Just my two cents. Plus, I'm so used to ordering from Amazon and having it on my doorstep within 2 days. I bought a set of taillights for my truck on ebay on Nov. 4, expected delivery Nov. 12. Call me impatient..... :hyper:

yea I am not a super fan of ebay myself but I am in no rush to get it cause I am not going to do nothing till I am on my xmas vacation this dec

True, but Amazon is full of BS reviews. In fact, I think there is some legal stuff going on around that right now... I also use amazon because you can't beat free 2 day shipping and if there is ever ANY issue, they are beyond amazing to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'll chime in. Most Chinese special products on eBay are also available to ship from Cali. If you're in the US anyways.

I always look for the seller that ships from US. Price is usually a little bit higher.

I rarely use Amazon , and I try to buy locally if price is not that much higher.