A simple $1.28 Modification that is very helpful

So I use my back under storage department area in the back of the journey to keep all my cleaning supplies as I live in a apartment so it is more easy to keep them with me in my journey. Only thing I hated was there was no way to hold the back part of the tray up. I found a simple way to modified it so the back tray will stay up. I got some Velcro strap with tape on one side to stick it to the under part of the tray and I use the straps from the third row seat to hold the tray up

20151108_120739_zps7segtwz0.jpg[/uR

20151108_120755_zpsbruwepbv.jpg

Edited by Billy Billy

Please post a pic and such of this!!

I assume there was a location already for an 8" if you had the upgraded system

I do not have the factory "upgraded" stereo, but even so, I don't think there is enough room for a proper installation for an 8" behind the side paneling (where the stock "sub" is located. I placed a 10" in the floor inside the storage unit mentioned above. Of course after removing the interior in back to run wires, I think I will redo the box to gain a little more airspace and mount the sub so it is flush with the floor (right now it is top mounted) and possibly move the amp to the same location.

I don't have any pics of the process and it is a pain to get the box out, so all I can show you for pictures is a speaker grill coming out of the floor... I did a basic fiberglass box by laying fiberglass inside the storage compartment and mating a sheet of MDF across the top. Painted the MDF black to match the interior and threw my cargo mat over the top (with a hole cut in it for the speaker to protrude)...