I got the stainless steel mesh Grill over lay inserts. How do I remove

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2011-2012-Dodge-Journey-Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Grille-Insert-Combo-/190638073242?fits=Make%3ADodge%7CModel%3AJourney&hash=item2c62ea259a:g:zcoAAOSwpDdU9dhl&vxp=mtr

So I brought those for my Dodge Journey and I think this should be easy to install . My how Question is the Grill cover in the engine bay above the headlights.

I want to remove that cover so I can get my hands in behind the grill. I see 5 tabs. If I remove the 5 tabs, will they break . I was thinking about taking a flathead to pop them out but will I need to replace those if I pop them out so I can remove the grill cover between the headlights in the engine and from looking at it, I think that looks all I need to do to remove the grill cover or is there something else I may not be seeing that needs to be removed ?

thank you all for the help

Never mind, I just figured what the hell and started pulling stuff out and it more or less worked out. I didnt install the lower one yet cause that one looks harder to undo from the bottom. the bottom bumper valance has the same pull tabs but it looks like it is attached to something else. I can reach down from the top grill cover either. Unless the whole top grill chrome part can be removed. I just pull the tabs out and loosen it enough to get my hands behind the grill

DJ11_zps7lw0i4rr.jpg

I like the look of the mesh grill . . . but you will need to finish the job to complete the transformation.

I did. I just used 3M automotive double sided tape on the bottom grill and secured the bottom grill with that to with the 3m tape to the OEM honeycomb grill. The fit was so tight that it was hard to get out after I fit test it so I just decided to save time and use 3m double sided tape. I took it on the highway for 35 mins and it is still tight

20151017_164331_zpscmskdwbt.jpg

Damn that looks sharp ! It looked great before the bottom grill cover was installed. I think in this case a darker colour DJ is best ? Can't see my silver popping like your black does.

Nor my Copperhead Pearl. I'll leave them black!

Damn that looks sharp ! It looked great before the bottom grill cover was installed. I think in this case a darker colour DJ is best ? Can't see my silver popping like your black does.

Thank you :worship: I could see silver with this if you spray the stainless steel with black chrome paint like this

. that color shadow black out chrome on the grills would look wicked with the silver paint IMO !!!!!!

Thank you :worship: I could see silver with this if you spray the stainless steel with black chrome paint like this

. that color shadow black out chrome on the grills would look wicked with the silver paint IMO !!!!!!

Thinking this would look good on several pieces, not just the wheels. This is similar to what the Crossroad interior has on the dash trim... Hmmm....wheels spinning...