New 2010 Dodge Journey owner V6 3.5L

I just bought a 2010 Dodge Journey 2WD, V6 engine 3.5 L with 72,544 miles. I just have some general questions.

What size gas tank does it have?

How much does it usually take to fill? Let's say when gas is $3

I noticed when I turn on the vehicle the light on the center mirror turns on. Not the side mirrors but the one in the center of the window. It has a button I have to push to turn it off. I don't know what it's for and what exactly I'm turning off. Is it normal for it to turn on automatically each time I start the vehicle?

Any tips on getting better gas mileage? I was told this vehicle is 16 city and 24 highway mpg

I really like how smooth it rides, the easy get up it has and how silent the engine is.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

That light is for the auto-dimming mirror - turning it off disables that feature. Just leave it on and a sensor in the mirror will cause it to dim if there is a lot of light hitting it from the rear when the headlights are on and the vehicle is NOT in reverse.

The has tank has about a 20 gallon capacity - from 'dead empty' istshould cost ~$60 to fill at $3/gallon - but you'll never get it that low.

If you want better gas mileage be very gentle on the gas pedal and do not use the air conditioning . . . . . . but that's no fun and it isn't comfortable when it is 90 degrees outside.

Enjoy the vehicle. I'm on my second one.

Edited by bramfrank

Ditto what is said above. We are on our second one also. If you dont have an owners manunal, you can download a free one here:

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/

It has all that info in it so you don't have to wait for someone to answer a question on a forum. Welcome aboard.

Edited by jkeaton

Welcome to the forum.

That light is for the auto-dimming mirror - turning it off disables that feature. Just leave it on and a sensor in the mirror will cause it to dim if there is a lot of light hitting it from the rear when the headlights are on and the vehicle is NOT in reverse.

The has tank has about a 20 gallon capacity - from 'dead empty' istshould cost ~$60 to fill at $3/gallon - but you'll never get it that low.

If you want better gas mileage be very gentle on the gas pedal and do not use the air conditioning . . . . . . but that's no fun and it isn't comfortable when it is 90 degrees outside.

Enjoy the vehicle. I'm on my second one.

Actually, it has been proven in numerous studies that driving with the A/C on will give you better mileage than having the windows down when traveling at freeway speeds...

I often use the vent with the windows up (no a/c) with fan and only fresh air. Those who always use a/c may be surprised by how cool the outside air can keep your car if its lower than 80F outside. When it's hot I use the a/c. Also I think that windows down for in-town driving does NOT affect fuel economy. I almost always keep my windows up and often use just the vent. I use a/c when I'm uncomfortable. Just sayin'

Peace.

My windows are up all the time with the HVAC set on A. I just move the settings up or down. Just passed 6,000 miles and I'm getting 20.5 around town; 28 - 30 on the interstate; sometimes higher. Happy Journey Driver.

Thank you everybody for your replies. I just bought this SUV last week and they said that they changed the oil and also check the pressure in my tires. This morning I was taking my fiance to work and my tire pressure indicator came on. Since its only been a week since I purchased this Dodge Journey. Is it normal that I need to add air to my tires already? How often do you normally have to add air to these tires? Just doesn't seem right since its only been a week. I know when it's cold I may have to add air more often. But it's July so it's not cold weather.

Its a "CUV" not an SUV. Add air and see what happens. You bought it used. Could have a slow leak. Dealer filled it up to cancel the light and make the sale. Now you gotta figure out which one is leaking and why. Also, this is NOT the fault of the vehicle.