DJ in car show?

audioguy

Look for "cruise-ins" or a "cars and coffee" type thing. These are just local meets/get togethers. No official "entries" just a bunch of people who get together to show off their cars. Around me they have these "cars and coffee" get togethers once a month. We also have a lot of local "meets" or "meet-ups" we go to.

Edited by jkeaton

• 4 weeks later...

I have entered many car shows with previous cars. It is exciting and a rush but no chance of winning. "Big pockets" car customization shop puts on a show and guess who wins all the trophies? Yep, mr Big pockets gets all the prizes. But that's just what losers say, lol.

The shows I can go to tend to be limited, since my car was made after 1980. A lot of people still discriminate against newer cars that "don't have any history" or "weren't made when cars were artwork", blah blah blah. The same people who fail to realize that their prized classics were in the same boat at my cars age. The shows I do go to, it's not uncommon for me to walk away with an award anyway, as perceptions change. The shows I go to tend to be either a Mopar show, or a show that benefits a charity. My Special won an award this past Saturday at an event put on by a local Lions club, which donated all profits to Leader Dogs for the Blind and other charities they donate to every year (usually cancer research, veterans, etc.).

The key is to be interesting. If you buy a new Toyota Camry and bring it to a Cars and Coffee, you'll likely snubbed. On Thursday my company is having a small Cruise-in at the office and the organizers said to bring any vehicle of interest. Since my Special is modified and clearly is set apart from the standard 300M you see every day, it's more than welcome. When I sign up every year for the Endless Summer Cruisin' Car Show at the Ocean City, MD inlet, the only show that welcomes all makes, models, years, the form says "Vehicle must be 1979 or older. Vehicles 1980 and newer must list 3 modifications other than engine." I go with my club and we have a mix of people admiring our cars, reminiscing about ones they once owned, and people who vocally say "What's this shit doing here?" with the owner five feet away. Local shows are shifting now that there are local car clubs that are bringing significant attendance, such Detroit Area Modern Mopar and Detroit 5th Gen Camaro Club. Organizers have taken the time during awards presentations to thank these groups for coming out and joining "this thing of ours".