Weird brake pedal

Hey guys,

I know this may sound redundant coming from me but I've never had a vehicle's brake pedal feel like this before. I've posted a few times that I get some weird feedback and noise when pushing on the pedal for the first few times. Of course I know the abs will reset upon starting up and first engaging the brakes from time to time but I still get a noise and feel of a spring releasing during my first three or so complete stops. I've also noticed I can get the car to replicate the feeling and noise when the car is off and in park. (Until the pedal can no longer be compressed) it almost feels like something is hanging up somewhere and then releasing. Along my commute it seems to go away until I start it up and head back home.

I have 430 miles on our 15 crossroad and its kind of puzzling me.

I'll be going back to the dealer in a few weeks but I just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas before I go back. This is something I didn't notice during my two day test drive and its new to me. Other than that the car is great.

I have never engaged the parking/ebrake so I have no idea. It could just be the way these vehicles are.

Any info or troubleshooting before my appointment will be appreciated.

Thanks

Will do dhh3. I appreciate you looking into the thread.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow and have them note my concerns before our "1000" mile check. The left rear driver side brake makes a chirp noise each time the brake is applied. It's not a grinding chirp or squeak but some sort I'd hydrolic noise. A stuck caliper like you mentioned?

I want this car to live up to my expectations. The engine,interior transmission,and exterior looks are fantastic.

My brake issue and front and rear panels are not.

The 3.6 absolutely hauls this vehicle.

Dhh3

The front and rear bumper next to the side panels on every side seems to creek and pop upon the slightest touch.

It's something I've noticed while cleaning and applying wax and polishing. There is a chance I'm just paranoid because the car is brand new. I compared the spots to my 09 sx4 and they were concrete on that vehicle.

That being said the journey to this point is awesome minus a few things I've noticed over the past two weeks.

I'm not here to bash... Just trying to get information as I'm on the hook for the next 48 months

As stated before I'll post any new info regarding the brake pedal and rear left caliper chirp.

I'd also like to pick your brain about the ad mp3 player. Seems I can ask u connect through voice command to play what I want and it does so seamlessly. But when I click things manually it gives a "sd card read error" for a few minutes before playing what I asked.

Xm sounds terrible so I've been trying to get my music dialed in.

I bought a SanDisk card and just moved files from my computer into it. No iTunes playlist or anything like that.

I just went out and pushed on all four corners, where the plastic bumpers meet the steel fenders. No creaking. Small creak in the right front corner. The slight creak is actually coming from the bottom of the front bumper and the top of the black valence which holds the fog lights. Nothing for me to worry about. I have had my 2014 Crossroad exactly 1 year today. I just passed 6,000 miles with absolutely no issues.

There is a pretty good thread concerning the SD card, so you might find your answer there.

Happy one year ownership birthday! I appreciate you taking the time to look at your vehicle.

Mine is in route to the dealership to check out my brake concern. I spoke to the service guys and explained what I've noticed and they wanted to look at it rather than wait for my 1000 mile checkup.

Only issue I have is that they dropped off a maxed out ram 1500 for me to use.

Kinda reminds me of my realtor that showed me a bunch of shitty houses before showing me the one we bought.... As Terry Tate said...."Its mind games"

Edited by Medabum

Mine does not do this at all. Has not done it since day one! The only concern I had with mine was that after I started it in the morning, the brake pedal would go to the floor with no resistance. Once it ran for a minute or so, it was fine. Just had to build up vacuum. Never took it in. The Forum solved the problem for me. I would take it in for a second opinion. Something is not right.

Edited by dhh3

My pedal ('15 SE, same brakes as any other '15) is smooth from air to floor. The only quirk I've seen is that on occassion the brake pedal is firmer than I would expect after sitting overnight or over the weekend - almost as if the pedal had been pressed in once the engine was shut off. As soon as the engine is started and there is enough vacuum created (about .5 seconds) to "reset" the master cylinder, all is normal again and the pedal regains its normal feel. I'm not even entirely certain it isn't me holding the brake pedal as I shut off the engine.

You can take your Journey to any Dodge/Chrysler/Fiat/Jeep dealership. You are not required to take it back to the shop that sold it to you.

Edited by bfurth

This is also the noise coming from the brakes when parking, braking, or reversing. I had mentioned this previously.

Any Thoughts? Are my brakes just not seated yet?

That is not normal!!!

If the dealer you are working with won't fix it find another ,

take another DJ on their lot and see if it sounds like that

I would bet money they don't.

Dodgecares,

I appreciate the time and concern. My next appointment is July 20th at the dealer who delivered the vehicle.

I had the journey back to the dealership on June 24th and was sent back to me saying everything is ok and we will evaluate on our next visit.

The car was sent down with an employee of the dealership so I never had a face to face talk with the service guys.

I still love almost everything about this car but I would just like this issue resolved.

This is the first dodge/Chrysler vehicle we have ever purchased and I'm willing to give this process a chance.

I've had many cars and worked on all of my vehicles including brakes but I've never encountered these issues. Most importantly I've never had issues after a few hundred miles on a new car.

I'm still waiting on formal paperwork as to what was checked the other day other than than the verbal "everything looked ok" and be on your way.

Once again I appreciate everyone's efforts and please let me know if any further information is needed.

I purchased (not leased) this journey with intentions of having it for a long time, and these symptoms were not present during our test period.

Dodgecares, I'll point out once more that our dealer has been accommodating, but something is just not right with this factory new vehicle.

Edited by Medabum

Dhh3,

Besides those weird noises, I finally had someone else look at it with me today.

He would completely press the brake with the vehicle off as I was touching the brake booster. The assembly itself moved upward more that I would have thought and there was a slight spring like release and sharp vibration within the Booster as I held it. Obviously this is what I have been feeling in the pedal. Ill keep everyone posted in a few weeks when i head down for my appointment.

I'm assuming there is a spring within the booster itself even though the dealer told me there isn't. I find this hard to believe because every breakdown of the booster itself shows a spring within the casting.

• 8 years later...
3 hours ago, Bigphil30 said:

I realize this is an old thread, but I believe my 2018 has this same problem did they ever resolve the issue?

3 hours ago, Bigphil30 said:

I realize this is an old thread, but I believe my 2018 has this same problem did they ever resolve the issue?

he never reported back on what happened, that is SO important on blogs so it can help others