Next Dodge Journey

redtomatoman

Found this on the allpar site regarding what's upcoming for 2016:

Dodge will have a very busy 2016, if the plan is to be believed, but recent reports claim Journey will be pushed back, and an SRT version is unlikely.

We believe that Journey is going to move to the new rear drive platform shared with Alfa Romeo, Chrysler will get a front wheel drive crossover based on Cherokee to replace Journey and Fiat Freemont, and the new Journey will have to wait for Alfa Romeo to get a similar vehicle so they can claim to have engineered both.

Not sure what it means, really. A FWD Chrysler crossover will replace the DJ, but not until they redesign the DJ as a RWD crossover at a later time to coincide with an Alfa Romeo?

I think I know less now than before I read the article.

Peace.

Right. The folks at allpar don't have any better idea what's going to happen than we do. That was my original point. Their synopsis makes only limited sense. I wonder if the DJ may be discontinued in favor of a Chrysler CUV. All the delays just say that FCA hasn't decided yet, I think.

Peace.

hate to say but our great leader at FCA is only worried about who we should merge with to save Fiat from dragging chrysler into bankruptcy, they are losing so much money on the Fiat side,I read they have put so much of Chryslers future into limbo on lack of car development and new models put on hold to make the company look better, hoping to merge Fiat with some other big auto maker. i keep getting bad feelings every time i hear him open his mouth it almost sounds like he he begging someone to merge with FCA.