Dodge Journey auto spinning ???

• 2 months later...

What engine? I can burn rubber from a standstill with my V6 - depends on how much gas I give it. I have never floored it because the torque steer is horrendous. When they decided to put the Pentastar in the DJ, the engineers should have figured out how to do it with equal length half shafts.

I have had this problem for a few months too. Our Journey is 2009 diesel auto. We have just lived with the problem, pulling off a bit slower seems to reduce the amount of shuddering. It seems to shudder most when pulling off on a hill.

I will do some research too, if as bigtsr suggest its an EGR valve, ill get that done and give some feedback.

Thanks,

David

I stripped the feeding hoses to the EGR but couldnt undo all of the bolts. Too difficult to access with my big hands!

I did notice there was considerable amount of gunk (coke as you call it in US and Canada?) to the inside of the EGR assembly. I managed to degrease a small portion however to do it properly will not stripped off.

I didnt notice any difference, however as mentioned above I didnt actually strip it off properly.

Id suggest you get your local garage to do the job. Thats what I will do. As they have the right tools i would expect they can strip, clean and replace within 2 hours. There doesnt seem to be any need to buy a new unit, just get them to clean your old unit (using brake and clutch cleaner most likely).

As soon as I get mine done I will update further.

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys.

Would hate to the bearer of bad news but my DJ had the same problem and also fluctuating revs as if the transmission couldn't decide whether to change gear already or not. It would happen in some gears only.

Still had warranty with the trader I had bought the car from so they rectified this free of charge. I was glad I didn't have to shell out £2.6k they did for a new clutch set...mine is a 2008 SXT CRD.

Edited by MagicMike

• 1 year later...
On 31/08/2015 at 0:45 PM, David Gruar said:

I stripped the feeding hoses to the EGR but couldnt undo all of the bolts. Too difficult to access with my big hands!

I did notice there was considerable amount of gunk (coke as you call it in US and Canada?) to the inside of the EGR assembly. I managed to degrease a small portion however to do it properly will not stripped off.

I didnt notice any difference, however as mentioned above I didnt actually strip it off properly.

Id suggest you get your local garage to do the job. Thats what I will do. As they have the right tools i would expect they can strip, clean and replace within 2 hours. There doesnt seem to be any need to buy a new unit, just get them to clean your old unit (using brake and clutch cleaner most likely).

As soon as I get mine done I will update further.

David

Did you get to the bottom of the issue ? Just curious to see if everyone has the same problem ?

• 4 weeks later...

My wife's 2009 2.7 dj has just started doing this (less than a week)

She took it to the Chrysler dealership 3 weeks ago because the  engine light was staying on and the traction control would come on intermittently and it would not rev past 2500rpm (like a limp mode).

the dealer plugged in and said it's putting up camshaft sensor and crank angle sensor code so replace these and will clear  enginelight.

have both sensors now so will fit tmoz.

will let you know how that goes.

im hoping it is related to the roll back when on an incline going from stationary position to moving position.

doesnt matter if it's steep incline or not it s never done it before and it's not right let alone safe.  She ends up having to rev it hard so it starts moving forward so she doesn't roll back into the car behind her.

alot of posts about this problem and different suggestions.  Will post up if problem is solved..  stay tuned.

Latest update

2008 dj 2.7l

mrs at supermarket

jumps in car puts it in drive 

car revs up but no drive reverse nothing

stuck in park

i get there 

selector on gear box moving but no action .

towed to dealer

transmission  kaput they say

waiting on prices tmoz

oh no.  80 000km and  transmission non responsive

cost of new tranny????

ugggggh

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...