2015 Journey $3000 off MSRP, $18613. Could I get more discount?

famNul

I test drove several SUVs and felt Journey is the top choice for me. I like its face very much. I want to buy the 2015 Journey(American Value Package FWD) and got this deal through autopriceshare program.

I am not very sure about the fair market price of 2015 Journey. Are there some rooms in this price? MSRP is $21690. Thanks

I am in Canada, and therefor not in a position to directly comment on pricing for US models, but every time I log in to the board I am presented with the geobased ad that I've included, below.

The SE is a model above the AVP (in Canada the AVP is known as the CVP) and the specific equipment differs between the countries. So in Canada the SE includes LED tail lights, tinted windows, leather steering wheel and shift knob, floor mats, upgraded alloy wheels, the roof rack and more. And by law in Ontario (which is where the advertising dealer is located) pricing must include transport and prep, so the only adder to the displayed price is tax.

Now, for the record, $18,000 Canadian is about the equivalent of $14,700 in US funds at today's exchange rate.

Also, if you go to the Dodge web site you will discover that MSRP for the AVP is $21,290 including destination charge, this for zip code 12919, where I have a presence. What are you getting for the extra $400? Also, there is a $1500 cash credit (for buyers, not leased vehicles) that applies.

Also, be certain they aren't doing a B&S on you - the vehicle has to be new and never pre-registered - dealers sometimes like to declare units as 'loaners' and in doing so get a significant credit from FCA and then you can wind up with a unit that is 'used' and has six months (or more) of warranty missing, even though the vehicle has never been driven.

Take from my comments what you will.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by bramfrank

I'm not sure how it works in Canada, but when you decide to buy the vehicle, you have to sit in the Finance Manager's office where they will add all kinds of things which you don't need and may not want. This is where the Dealer makes money. The only thing I took, before signing, was the extended warranty. I made him remove a few things, that he just added, thinking that I would not read before signing. These things can add up to the point where you have lost your $3,000 incentive. Buyer beware, at least in the US!

It isn't all that different here either. But they knew better than to try anything with me when I negotiated the Crossroad.

When I picked mine up I did meet with the F&I manager, but he knew me from a dealership he'd worked at previously where I'd negotiated a group buy on extended warranties, so he knew better than to push me

Edited by bramfrank

i get the chrysler retiree discount and 3k off a 21k car is about what we get off and then add in any rebates which i believe is about 3-4k right now. so sounds like they are just taking off the rebate from the retail price you should be able to get more off than that and don't let them add any paint sealant or fabric cloth protection or any other silly cost to the car.....as with my discount the more expensive the car is the bigger the discount my 2014 crossroad was about 27k window with 3k off discount and then 4k rebate after that so was out the door for less than 21k

Edited by 2late4u

2late4u - current incentives, per the Dodge web site are $1500 on the AVP which the OP was looking at - and the reality is that the OP isn't ex-Chrysler. Agree, however that you do not pay for etching, paint protection and so on - though if you live in the snow belt rustproofing can be beneficial, though not from the dealer.

Can't look at his regional incentives, since the OP claims to be in the Northeast, but has his location as 'WA'.

bramfrank i was just saying what i paid and i know he isnt a chry employee . but everyone that goes in to buy a car should never pay retail or window sticker price, i have bought gm and ford before and always negotiated a lower price and then rec any rebates that are available. as i have found our discount is not always the cheapest way to buy a car but is a lot easier then trying to visit 3-5 dealers and haggling for the best price. just saying he should be able to get a little better deal as they are cutting about 3k off the sticker price which i guess the rebate of 1500 is part of that so i would think with some haggling he might get about 1500 more off if he tries hard enough

Edited by 2late4u

thats about right i traded my 2011 for my 2014 crossroad. dealer gave me 12k on trade so had to add 10k. 2011 had 75k on the odometer but was in great shape. on avg you lose 3-4k per yr for the first few yrs on any car or truck. now if i had tried to sell it might have got 1-2k more but liked the crossroad so i did it. also with most used cars not much warranty left and with cars getting so expensive to repair . i purchased the unlimited yrs and miles max warranty over the internet on this one . plan on wearing it out.....

There really isn't anything 'wrong' with the 4 banger - lots of CUVs weight about the same and have the same power as the 4 cylinder version - it isn't going to do any burning out and no matter which engine you get you aren't towing all that much. But for all normal driving, with the exception of high speed passes on the highway the small engine is just fine.

There's a reason they offer it in almost every trim level in the US. It is old tech, but built solid.

Edited by bramfrank

• 3 weeks later...

There really isn't anything 'wrong' with the 4 banger - lots of CUVs weight about the same and have the same power as the 4 cylinder version - it isn't going to do any burning out and no matter which engine you get you aren't towing all that much. But for all normal driving, with the exception of high speed passes on the highway the small engine is just fine.

There's a reason they offer it in almost every trim level in the US. It is old tech, but built solid.

The WGE 4 cylinder engine is old tech? That engine design is about 10 years old. The first production vehicle with it from Chrysler was in 2007. It feels like a good engine (gives about as much room to work with as the GM Ecotec engine I had in my old Cavlalier - a car that is still going at 140k with my sister driving it and barely maintaining the thing), albeit a little underpowered for a vehicle that size. Then again, the 3.8L in my '10 T&C is 197hp (compared to the 2.4's 173) and 230 lb-ft of torque (it's got the 2.4l there - only 166 for the Journey). It's not a towing vehicle, but that's not why I bought it. If I wanted to tow something, I'd buy a truck with a diesel engine. It handles my daily drive just fine, I just need to exercise a little more caution while getting onto the highway. It accelerates well enough, so long as you give it enough gas!

We took our 09 4 cylinder on a trip to the beach a few years ago. 5 people insode, loaded with luggage in the luggage area and a roof top carrier. Thwe car took it all in stride and amnaged about 20 mpg. Like stated, you just gotta realize it takes a littele bit longer to get going. But once you are cruising in the power band, its a very capable engine despite pulling around all that weight. That being said, not that I have the 3.6, I'll never go back to the 4 cylinder,,,,lol