headlight protection

Dodge 2014 Journey LampGard® Headlight Protection I am thinking of using this product from weathertech on my headlights. years ago i put some on my 2004 caravan and was real happy with it. It never yellowed or got scratched up except in one spot where a rock hit it and put a small cut in the plastic covering, i am sure it would have cracked the lens if it had not been covered. i cant remember if I bought that from weathertech or some where else. i watched the info directions and it was the same process as weathertec is showing. I wonder will the new headlight lens that they use now turn yellow or get hazy as the older cars have. the cost for this stuff is about $54. didnt see if they gave free shipping on it..

I'm going to do my best to never let my Journey go to Virginia. Every time I've driven a vehicle there for the last 5 years, I've gotten a crack in the windshield. That state hates my cars.

well don't go thur al. as i just had a rock chip fixed last week. and also have 2-3 other places that rocks hit and made little pit marks all in the last 8 months . with my 2011 journey in 3 yrs only 2 little pit marks

well don't go thur al. as i just had a rock chip fixed last week. and also have 2-3 other places that rocks hit and made little pit marks all in the last 8 months . with my 2011 journey in 3 yrs only 2 little pit marks

Isn't that a little hard for you to avoid?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had good luck with the headlight sanding ("restoration") kits. Follow the directions to the letter, and you end up with clear headlights again. The worst set I used them on were so clouded that they would have probably failed a state inspection (if Maryland required one for anything other than selling a used vehicle). They were clear as new when I was done.

When windows were tinted , I asked if there was anything to protect headlights from hazing over. They showed and installed a 1/8 " rubber type material like it was window tint. I chose light tint, but it was also available in clear or dark tint. It has stayed on for 8 months now, no issues, cost was $60 in Canada. If anything happens to it simply peel off and install a new film.