Are you kidding me?!?

bfurth

I have had my Journey for 5 days. 5 freaking days! And some dirt bag swiped the driver side of the rear bumper in a parking lot. No note, no phone number, nothing.

There are times I I really hate people.

Police report obtained, insurance claim opened, but they can't do anything until Monday. They have to confirm that the vehicle was sold without damage (it's brand new, so that's a quick phone call and a fax for the bill of sale). Then an appointment and inspection with the adjuster, followed by the waiting game for parts. It wouldn't hurt quite as bad if I had at least put a tank of gas in it myself. It had less than 200 miles on it and still more than half a tank from the dealer fill!

I have to pay for body work before I I pay for gas. How messed up is that?

post-10702-0-21718100-1425178972_thumb.j

Edited by bfurth

yrs ago just bought a dodge grand caravan and wife and i go to kmart for something and i happen to park 5-10 parking spots away from all the other cars go inside about half hour later we come out and someone had drag a key or screwdriver down the whole side of the van . of course no witness or any thing..some people just hate to see some one with more then they have.....p.S. you might be able to buff most of that out looks most like paint from his vehicle sorry for your heartache.....

Edited by 2late4u

yrs ago just bought a dodge grand caravan and wife and i go to kmart for something and i happen to park 5-10 parking spots away from all the other cars go inside about half hour later we come out and someone had drag a key or screwdriver down the whole side of the van . of course no witness or any thing..some people just hate to see some one with more then they have.....p.S. you might be able to buff most of that out looks most like paint from his vehicle sorry for your heartache.....

There are a few deep scratches in the plastic. Can't buff those out.

Turns out, the scratches I thought. I saw were just the depth of the paint. I took a damp microfiber towel to the area this morning and most of the apparent damage was just salt. It might just be scratched paint, but I will let the adjuster determine what to do. At least they didn't hit the quarter panel. Bumpers are at least removable.

just a thought but depends on how you think.. before you have adjuster file the claim take some rubbing compound and go to work on it and then wax and then decided if you want to file a claim remember replacing the bumper skin will not be cheap and then its a claim on your ins record and might make your rates to go up.. any damage you cant remove put a bumper sticker on top of.......take care

just a thought but depends on how you think.. before you have adjuster file the claim take some rubbing compound and go to work on it and then wax and then decided if you want to file a claim remember replacing the bumper skin will not be cheap and then its a claim on your ins record and might make your rates to go up.. any damage you cant remove put a bumper sticker on top of.......take care

It's not an at-fault incident because I have the police report recording it as a hit-and-run. Damage went on the corner and the back edge of the wheel well.

People in this world are such a-holes. And the types of people that typically do that are the ones driving without a valid license or registration (hence why they hit, then run).

I have a good idea, lets allow them all to get licenses now! That'll solve the problem!

Dropped the Journey off at the body shop this morning. I have to hand it to dodge - it handles very well on snow pack considering it's only FWD and with the 2.4l block. Much better the hand my old Malibu, and significantly better than my weekend rental.

The rental they gave me helps further cement my mind I made a good choice in my new vehicle. A 2014 Ford Focus is not a good car. The driver seat feels cramped, the steering wheel is far too busy (buttons buttons everywhere!), the radio pales in comparison to even the Uconnect 4.3, no Enter&Go, and no auto-stick. The transmission clunks when shifting (even worse than a Chrysler 62te), and the engine feels like it revs up an extra 400 RPM when it tries to shift.

We got a new car seat out of this as well. It was in a vehicle that had been in a "colission," and the manufacturer recommends replacement for any accident, regardless of occupancy of the seat, or severity of impact. So for the deductible, it gets a paint job on the bumper that is gauranteed for as long as I own the vehicle, and we got a new seat (and the adjuster had full disclosure of: we know it's probably crazy to even ask, but, what is the coverage here, given the vehicle probably didn't even move from the scrape?). With baby #3 on the way, it works out well for us.