anyone on here install any type of off road exterior lighting on their journey? I'm planning on getting a short light bar to go around the lower grille area and possibly a longer one around 50 inches to be mounted above the windshield.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a lightbar installed behind the lower grill. It works and look (for me) perfect: the light flow is not much disturbed by the grill, and the bar is not exposed that allows to keep the look clean. I have a video and photos on this forum - just search :)

I wonder if it is possible for the roof light bar from the original Jeep Liberty to fit on the DJ? I did have a 2003 Liberty Renegade and as I recall, the lights were bright and came in handy, but I always got lousy gas mileage!

As I recall, it was contoured to fit the curvature of the roof, from the windshield back and had 4 round lights on it. It fit in front of the basket roof rack, but was separate from the rack. Some of the guys on the Nitro forum cut out their black roof rails and it was a perfect fit.

Edited by dhh3

I have a lightbar installed behind the lower grill. It works and look (for me) perfect: the light flow is not much disturbed by the grill, and the bar is not exposed that allows to keep the look clean. I have a video and photos on this forum - just search :)

I have a lightbar installed behind the lower grill but hate the way it's mounted, what did you secure yours to cause zip ties just don't cut it for me.

Mine is securely installed on the pegs supplied with the bar. I drilled wholes and bolt the pegs on the metal part behind the bumper. No zip ties, no glue - only rigid metal parts :)

That's a legit professional job, shops now a days look for the easy way out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As any one mount offroad hid lights on front of the bumper

Not that I am aware of. If you want to be the first, post up some pictures. Personally I don't want to drill holes in the bumper to mount them, and there is only foam behind the front bumper, so nothing to mount to anyway.

• 2 months later...

Just do a search for LED lightbars on eBay. There are tons to choose from. Let us know how it turns out.

Actually I've been wanting to do this same mod, but with the light bar exposed in the lower grill area.

Here you go. 24" LED light bar mounted in grille

post-10704-0-40181900-1438926487_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...