Switch back turn signals

Fredgway15

Hello all, I posted a picture of my 2014 DJ Crossroad with the upgraded headlights and asked the question if anyone has tried to upgrade their turn signals to the switchback bulbs. Since no one responded I'm going to assume no one has...... But I have figured it out. Let me kno what y'all think.

post-10579-0-40924400-1424123060_thumb.j

post-10579-0-13261400-1424123075_thumb.j

post-10579-0-11656500-1424123098_thumb.j

They're common on eBay. Search "3157 switchback" and you'll get many many hits. I have a set in my 300M Special that I had to put in after I upgraded to clear lenses.

Note: They are LED. I don't know if the JS/JC platform was fitted with electronic flashers. If not, the system will think the bulb is out and switch to hyper-flash. I had to upgrade the flasher on my M concurrently.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I got them from JDMTOY.com the bulb is a 3157 which does not fit our sockets. The trick is to cut the tabs off the sides of the bulb housing and that allows it to fit perfectly. Make sure to add a load resistor to stop hyper flashing. Cost was 35 bucks.

Edited by Fredgway15

• 1 month later...

Original bulb for the DJ is P/N 3757, searched on ebay, only found 3157, would you be so kind as to take pictured of how you installed the resistor and what tabs you cut off please? if no reply in a couple of days ill just go out to my DJ with my meter and turn on the lights and measure voltage to see which one is the N/O and which on is the Intermittent, seems as though people in these forums are not very good at tending to their threads or sharing information, which is a big bummer, for people who dont have lives like me lol... :hyper: