Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4N Update / firmware

If your phone is a fairly new version, it may take Uconnect months for an update. I have been waiting since June, when I purchased my DJ. Get an hour glass. Keep turning it over when all the sand is at the bottom. This will give you something to do while you wait.

• 1 month later...
  • Official Dodge Support

Just did the update. Any changes? I have only noticed that it connects and maybe changes to the next song faster using my bluetooth audio.

Hi Jstmahoney,

Did you have your Uconnect updated at a dealership through a TSB or did you download the update yourself online? Either way, do you have a software version number that you can provide?

• Official Dodge Support

I did it at home I can look up the firmware but I know it had the older version

When you get a chance, can you please let me know your current firmware number?

Edited by DodgeCares

DodgeCares hello I have a 2015 sxt journey and can not find upgrade for my uconnect 8.4 RE2 down a 2014 is the version 14/27 / B5 not last if there is a newer?

Can you help me get into engineering mode in this uconnect 8.4 RE2?
thx

Trying to download the updates for 2014 Journey RT. I run the "installer" then notning happens, its supposed to go to the next step, but no files are downloaded. I am using windows 8.1, does anyone have suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

• Official Dodge Support

DodgeCares hello I have a 2015 sxt journey and can not find upgrade for my uconnect 8.4 RE2 down a 2014 is the version 14/27 / B5 not last if there is a newer?

Can you help me get into engineering mode in this uconnect 8.4 RE2?
thx

Hi mikixbox,

You can check to see if your Uconnect software qualifies for any upgrades by punching in your VIN here: https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

Hope this helps!

Hi mikixbox,

You can check to see if your Uconnect software qualifies for any upgrades by punching in your VIN here: https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

Hope this helps!

for model 2015 no upgrade download for version 2014 is 14/27 / B5 is why I want to know if there is a larger version.

and whether you can help me get into engineering menu?
thx

There is no accessible engineering menu - there is a 'dealer information menu', which, as previously indicated is accessed by pressing the driver's up AND down temperature buttons, along with the front defroster button for 10 seconds.

Firmware version for CTP13+ radios is 14.something - if you have Nav, that subsystem is at 5.12.

There is no accessible engineering menu - there is a 'dealer information menu', which, as previously indicated is accessed by pressing the driver's up AND down temperature buttons, along with the front defroster button for 10 seconds.

Firmware version for CTP13+ radios is 14.something - if you have Nav, that subsystem is at 5.12.

sorry but I just do not understand download the version 14/27 / B5 of a model 2014 model 2015 that no

There are some larger version of 14/27 / B5

• 9 years later...

You can still access the update instructions he had on his site here using the wayback machine:
His Website
Radio_Software_Update_Process_English_French_14_27_B5.pdf

Navigation_Software_Update_Process_English_French_5_12.pdf

It only ever linked to the Uconnect software website for the file. Which aren't findable for my 2014 Dodge Journey R/T anymore.